Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would laugh...

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    It looks like FireGL ASICs will now be disabled in 8.43...
    If only it were even slightly funny!

I am so glad that I didn't wait, and hacked 8.42.3 to work instead.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
      If only it were even slightly funny!

I am so glad that I didn't wait, and hacked 8.42.3 to work instead.
      chrisr - which version of the hacks did you use? Looks like your T60p may be closest to mine based on resolution and such that I've seen listed here.
      Also - what distro are you running on?
      Thanks

Comment

I used Kano's method which has been described by ambro814 in this thread. I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 and it worked on the first try.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I have F8 installed currently. I had no luck getting past the boot screen with 7.04 so didn't try 7.10.

Comment

Currently Fedora 7

Originally posted by ctirpak View Post
          Also - what distro are you running on?
          I won't upgrade to Fedora 8 until 8.43 is released (assuming that I can hack that too).

I can't remember which version of the hack I am using; there is a patch for the driver, and I add a ChipID to xorg.conf.

Comment

Originally posted by ctirpak View Post
            How many times are they going to say "next month"

Why doesn't an ATI engineer dare to show there face here?
            Because if a ATI engineer showed up in here, and started praising things about the next driver, and then a bunch of people have issues with it, that guy is in big trouble hahaha. Personally if I was a ATI engineer, and just took one quick read on this forum, I would probably just close the browser and forget about it. Its not that people are only having problems with the drivers, they seem to want to kill the people responsible haha.

Its like a mob with torches and pitch forks chanting give us working drivers or die.

If they don't have firegl support by 8.44 they are definiately in big trouble. Hell I'd say they already are but they did just hire some more people so we'll see what happens.
            Last edited by Malikith; 15 November 2007, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X