Fake MSAA Support Added To LLVMpipe, Yields OpenGL 3.0/3.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strcat View Post
    Implementing it would require significantly more work, so you're going to need to find someone interested in spending their time on something without much of a use case.
    If it's a developer manpower issue, that's understandable. I just thought i remembered initially people on the mesa mailing list actually being opposed to implementing the actual AA support because of performance concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      If it's a developer manpower issue, that's understandable. I just thought i remembered initially people on the mesa mailing list actually being opposed to implementing the actual AA support because of performance concerns.
      No that's definitely not the case -if it would be could still just provide a knob to forcibly fake it. In fact I think performance might not be all that bad (that is, not all that much slower than it already is with software rendering, at least if we're talking basic MSAA, not things like the newer stuff from GL 4.0 where you can run the shader itself at sample frequency).
      But it is quite a big task - certainly doable but going to require significant effort.

Comment

Working...
      X