No announcement yet.

The Linux 3.14 Kernel Has Been Released With Great Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about the others, but this one is because HyperZ got disabled for bugs. You can manually enable it (echo "R600_DEBUG=hyperz" >> /etc/environment) and get back to the old performance.

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
      Special thanks to David Airlie for making OpenGL 3.3 support happen for r700 and older too
      I agree with this. This is the single biggest feature.

Comment

with the new radeon.dpm, I have serious glitches with pulseaudio, since kernel 3.12 .

Comment

I'm unable to use anything after 3.12 since my Radeon crashes and the fan maxes out. I've written a bug for it and bisected it, but no cigar yet.

Comment

So, we'll see 3.14 kernel on next linux distros?

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post
              "The Linux 3.14 Kernel Has Been Released With Great Features".

Okay, and the performance regressions found in 3.13 and 3.14 ? Have they been fixed?
              Bug i complain as of 3.14-rc1 has bin fixed/reverted in 3.14-rc7, so all good for me

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

But why that particular combination "VM_PFNMAP + x86 PAT + write-combine" is slow here i don't know .

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
                if kernel 3.14 is the same shit like 3.13 i will continue with 3.12, wait and see
                Same here (at least until I get a Broadwell laptop)... but I want to try to backport TCP auto-corking

Comment

I want to put this kernel on a Raspberry Pi, just so I can say I'm running Pi on Pi...

Comment

Mailbox Hardware Support

I am configuring 3.14 right now and have stumbled in "Device Drivers" onto "Mailbox Hardware Support".

It is described as a special FIFO system for sending messages on board between different busses.

What is it specificallly for and which HW uses it ?

Is it meant for ordinary PC, perhaps upcoming AMD APUs with small ARM core onboard or something completely different ?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                      So, we'll see 3.14 kernel on next linux distros?
                      Ubuntu users can install the "official" backport:

Comment

Working...
                      X