Cradle !

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
      another cryengine game for linux !

Cradle !

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1324765189/cradle
      Sorry that won't make it.

Comment

The more it is described in detail, the more uneasy some on the team have felt about not making it clear that it is proprietary, because we do strongly believe that the way Cradle is doing combat is going to change 1st person melee combat, in the industry.
        Furthermore, many indie games have patents. In fact Indie's have more patents than big game companies. If one doesn't patent one's work, someone else can try to patent it and try to prevent you from using your own designs. A patent does not mean that you won't share, it just protects your rights.
        On the other hand, some feel that it is wrong to patent software and that it stifles creativity. Some feel that it makes us look too "corporate". The debate will continue in the future. Right now we are trying to focus on showing more content.
        I'm not sure what they want to say but somehow I wouldn't feel comfortable paying for this.

Comment

What the hell, I'm sorry but how on earth are you going to patent ANYTHING in a video game. Somewhere somehow there is pretty assuredly previous art.

Then again, I guess if companies can patent how a scroll bar works...

Comment

Working...
          X