KDBUS & Systemd Now Yields A Working System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zester View Post
    Freedom Law Center says PD is dangerous. I am not a lawyer but the way it was explained to me makes since.
    If Apple's legal ninjas see no need to change the license, I doubt you would have to be concerned. The Freedom Law Center's warning is the exact definition of FUD, spreading fear of PD through uncertainty and doubt. Still if it makes you sleep better at night, feel free to re-license it as BSD. The fact remains though, that SQLite is public domain, your implementation is relicensed to BSD.

Comment

• And apparently my request to re-license sqlite from PD to something else is quite popular.

Here ask for your self.

D. Richard Hipp
      Hwaci - Applied Software Research
      [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        If Apple's legal ninjas see no need to change the license, I doubt you would have to be concerned. The Freedom Law Center's warning is the exact definition of FUD, spreading fear of PD through uncertainty and doubt. Still if it makes you sleep better at night, feel free to re-license it as BSD. The fact remains though, that SQLite is public domain, your implementation is relicensed to BSD.
        Actually, I would say its more "Dual Licensed" you can use it under PD or BSD. I took the extra step and requested permission to re-license.

Comment

Google is just going to strip any attempt.
          Any attempt of what?

Originally posted by zester View Post
          D-Bus is bad for mobile its just plain slow.
          ...and kdbus will not be.

Originally posted by zester View Post
          Systemd is just bloated and no one wants it.
          Aside from IVI industry (GENEVI Alliance requires systemd, Automotive Grade Linux uses it), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, SUSE Linux Enterprise 12, Tizen, Sailfish, CoreOS... or the community driven operating systems like OpenSUSE, Fedora, Arch Linux, NixOS, Chakra, mer, Mageia, Siduction, Sabayon WebOS-Ports... or companies that sponsor its developement like Red Hat, Samsung, Intel, Axis Communications, Pantheon, SUSE... or communities like KDE and Gnome and smaller projects like Maui...

Comment

And apparently my request to re-license sqlite from PD to something else is quite popular.

Here ask for your self.

D. Richard Hipp
            Hwaci - Applied Software Research
            [email protected]
            Oh I'm not disputing that organizations may choose to relicense. That is their prerogative. Like I said, if it helps you sleep better at night, go for it. Personally I'm not worried about some faction in a 3rd world country rattling their sword who's government is likely to be overthrown on a monthly basis.

Comment

Actually, I would say its more "Dual Licensed" you can use it under PD or BSD. I took the extra step and requested permission to re-license.
              No, the original is PD. Your implementation/fork is BSD. The original stays the same.

Comment

• Check out Fossil, I use that for my VCS/Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_(software) its Licensed BSD
                and another one of D. Richard Hipp projects.

Sooo BSD DVCS with BSD SQLDB <--- Feels complete but then again I might just be OCD

Comment

No, the original is PD. Your implementation/fork is BSD. The original stays the same.
                  ? Ummm what!!! I said my fork is "Dual Licensed" PD or BSD I consider it BSD but I will not stop someone from using it under the PD.

Comment

? Ummm what!!! I said my fork is "Dual Licensed" PD or BSD I consider it BSD but I will not stop someone from using it under the PD.
                    I honesty doubt you could stop someone even with a BSD license from using it under the PD even if you wanted to.

Comment

I honesty doubt you could stop someone even with a BSD license from using it under the PD even if you wanted to.
                      Oh I don't care this isn't a BSD fanboy thing you can take everything I have fork and re-license new code under the GPL. My point was I wasn't going to block
                      "propitiatory vendors" by using the GPL. I am sooo done with Licensing wars.

Everything but the Linux Kernel is Liberally Licensed so do what you wan't aslong as you don't violate the Linux Kernels GPL2 License.

But apparently that makes me the anti-christ!!!!!
                      Last edited by zester; 29 December 2013, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X