Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
    https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/s...o.jp&type=Code

Those being simple searches on a rather limited search engine. If you could search commits for authors, that'd be nice (lookin' at you, github).

Can't find anything related to Sony donating to the FreeBSD foundation after a couple quick google searches.
    I believe if you look at the contributors page, there is a link with the number of commits that searches all the commits made by that contributor.

Comment

As far as I could tell, only contributors with GitHub accounts were shown, but I may have missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
        As far as I could tell, only contributors with GitHub accounts were shown, but I may have missed something.
        I think you are right, but as far as I understand, that's the only way to appear as author on a github repository. I'm not sure, but I think you can't add users to a github repo without them having an account, but instead you need to post patches for someone else to merge.

Comment

why do they need mono?

Comment

please don't call bsd open source

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio
              What do you know about "a real nature of Open Source", troll?
              Open and Free, keep it open and free to everyone. Not just it, but it’s dervatives and any software derived or influenced by it for the sake of freedom for our descendents. Something which BSD is directly opposed to.

GPL considers not only just the freedom of people today but the freedom of our childern and grad-childern in generations to come and if possible for ever.

Proprietary tries to tries to enslave us and deprive our decendents of good software.

BSD also tries to ensalve us but also enslave and keep our childern in bondage and slavery to corparations like M$, Apple and Sony.

If you love and care for your childern, then you should hate BSD.

Originally posted by Pawlerson
              Great, but it won't change its market share much. Sony has code for free and they don't even have to share their patches. It's Open Source software, but it's the worst possible kind of it.
              Please, stop calling BSD open source. It is not free or open. It is bondageware and slaveware. Worse then proprietary software.

Comment

Not Mono!
                Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Another platform infested with Mono = .NET trojan horse.

Comment

Game Developers, especially those who use Unity, use Mono quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by AnorexiasGrizzli View Post
                    why do they need mono?
                    Aside from those who uses Unity, it is a decent framework for developing cross-platform applications especially to small team.

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
                    Not Mono!
                    Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Another platform infested with Mono = .NET trojan horse.
                    Linux zealots are really closed-minded.

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                    I wish BSD did not exist. At this stage it probably does more harm than good. IMHO anyways. I under strike, it's opinion, not factual claim.
                    Seriously?! If everything were licensed under GPL where everyone's work will be required to be shared, how long will commercial products will last? They worked hard on it, paid money for it, and you want it to be totally free? How will Sony Playstation will compete properly if you can clone it and SCE won't be able to earn from what they've worked on? Every code they made costs money, and naturally they have to make profit from it or else gaming industry will crumble.

Comment

In response to all licence trolls on this page: please grow up and contribute something useful to the discussion.

Anyone is free to use whatever licence they desire for their software, whether it's permissive or copyleft. GPL licenced software doesn't give you cancer, and BSD licenced doesn't eat your babies.

Instead of this ridiculous Holy Jihad between BSD and Linux, let's instead focus on our commonalities. We can all agree that open-source software of some sort is better, and that UNIX-style opearting systems are the way forward.

Comment

Working...
                      X