No announcement yet.

Free Software Foundation Endorses Its First Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~$500 for a 7 year old laptop with 1024x768 resolution?
    the price of freedom is too high.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      "here's a general purpose, premium notebook that is 100% compatible with Coreboot, but for the record, you are limited to running Linux and versions of Windows no later than Windows 7 But it supports Coreboot, so it's all good"
      says you on a Linux-centric forum. what a fucking tragedy !
      and how exactly is it any worse than the usual "Windows or GTFO" attitude ? Linux-only devices would be a sign of long due respect, if nothing else.

it's time for hacky firmware bullshit to go.

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
      still is better than sweat, blood and tears.
      Neo900 is rumoured to be what, 850€ ?
      Last edited by dfx.; 19 December 2013, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgeorgi View Post
        I wonder how you come to _that_ conclusion. The OP didn't state that windows 8 doesn't work, but that they didn't test it. I did, and I'd expect any vendor intending to support Windows to do so, too.
        Because he is a pro-microsoft idiot-troll, who spends own wothless life here to promote windows, derail threads and offend anything *linux.
        If you need proof, look what he already done to this thread.
        Last edited by brosis; 19 December 2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
          Its below 300$, check eyes please.

Comment

FSF

Are you aware that the Gnu is a phallic idol of Richard Stallman, and that he forbids the use of the phrase "open source", and acts like a thought-police on this in emails? And that he is indeed no proponent of freedom, and any hacker is only enslaved by his brainwashing, that even is feeble statements like "free is libre is beer is not open is".. grey and dull fantasyworld established by idolatry.

That is what happens to people who do not believe. They follow an idol, and it is Satan, and they are duped, having no knowledge of reality or how things really should be.

And a lot of them act like a pseudo-religious sect.

However it is not real religion.

A superordinate almighty concept, will establish natural behaviour, and real freedom.

God is almighty, and just.

Stallman was probably of those hackers who experimented with LSD in the time of its popularity. It seems to inspire phallic symbolism representing idolatry.

When he wears a tinfoil hat, many think its for fun, or cute, but it really just is the kind of bizarreness that comes with idolatry.

And the awful FSF song..

I?ve seen many people become Stooges by drug use, and this is quite similar.

Grow up, take responsibility as grown up persons, and as if it was code, it would have been patched out of the kernel a long time ago, for reasons of its obscurity.

Instead you can make a generalized version, even simple, well-understood as a beneficial arrangement: http://ovekarlsen.com/Blog/the-benef...ource-licence/

Research on theology here, if you want to know the background of real monotheism, that is ofcourse Beneficient, and not obscure sectarianism, which would just be more of the same. http://ovekarlsen.com/Blog/theology/

Peace Be With You.

Comment

There's also many newer Intel and AMD motherboards that are Coreboot-compatible
              please show michael, unless the coreboot project is way behind on their featured support pages, I'm still waiting for a last gen MoBo with coreboot support.

Comment

Pipe dream, but while the software and architecture is open, the chipset, ISA, and physical specs of the various boards and components are still patent encumbered and trademark restricted.

It is sad that it seems so ridiculously impossible, but I'd like to not only be handed hardware and said "here is how it works, don't modify or reproduce it or we will sueeee youuuuuu. For example, sparc without branding is open tech, so you could extend it or re-implement it in your own silicon without benig beholden to a national information estriction policy.

Comment

T440?

I've a T440 - if they can outfit it with CoreBoot, I might even pay them. Otherwise, this is a non-starter for me, and I'd guess most people.

Comment

"Gluglug"

Gulag?

Comment

Originally posted by dfx. View Post
                      says you on a Linux-centric forum. what a fucking tragedy !
                      and how exactly is it any worse than the usual "Windows or GTFO" attitude ? Linux-only devices would be a sign of long due respect, if nothing else.

it's time for hacky firmware bullshit to go.p7
                      So that's the whole aim isn't it? Linux-exclusive hardware.

If that's what Linux users want, then they better have the balls to admit that 'freedom' was never their goal, and exclusivity is. Lest they forget what is the real meaning of freedom as defined by their own idol Stallman:

The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
                      If Coreboot limits me from running any other operating system on a machine that is loaded with it, it is effectively depriving me of the freedom to use it for any purpose. Thus the machine that it is loaded on is not freedom-respecting hardware and by extension, Linux-exclusive hardware are not freedom-respecting hardware.

Comment

Working...
                      X