KDE's Plasma 2 Has Become Somewhat Usable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    Looking forward to some smooth, per-pixel scrolling afforded by Qt5. Isn't that right?
    Wayland will help with that too, since every frame should be perfect.
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
      No, I didn't hit it. Like I said, triple-race-condition. And I highly doubt they -introduced it- in 4.11.1 or 4.11.2. The bug you linked was filed against 4.11.2. But the notification applet got rewritten in 4.10.0
      Nope, I've been seeing it since 4.10.0 (that's the better part of a year!). I was under the impression that the entire 4.x series was the stable releases of KDE - they certainly seem to treat it that way, with 4.9.x not receiving any bugfixes or security fixes once 4.10 was out, so staying with the non-fucked 4.9.x wasn't really an option. (Of course, I could be mistaken and there could be no stable, supported, non-experimental version of KDE at all.)

Edit: and if you look at the bug report, the KDE developers were aware of it for all that time - it wasn't just that no-one had reported it, they were receiving lots of crash reports and duplicate bug reports that entire time.
      Last edited by makomk; 03 November 2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by makomk View Post
        Nope, I've been seeing it since 4.10.0 (that's the better part of a year!). I was under the impression that the entire 4.x series was the stable releases of KDE - they certainly seem to treat it that way, with 4.9.x not receiving any bugfixes or security fixes once 4.10 was out, so staying with the non-fucked 4.9.x wasn't really an option. (Of course, I could be mistaken and there could be no stable, supported, non-experimental version of KDE at all.)

Edit: and if you look at the bug report, the KDE developers were aware of it for all that time - it wasn't just that no-one had reported it, they were receiving lots of crash reports and duplicate bug reports that entire time.
        well in KDE defense i never hitted that bug on arch/gentoo no and i used KDE4 since 4.0 and KDE crash reports are automated since a while a go and a crash report that is blank or saying "it crashed" is not exactly helpful either, beside KDE seems to fail a lot in ubuntu spins[some time ago i tried to reproduce many open bugs in bugzilla but only were reproducible on Kubuntu but not opensuse/gentoo or arch mostly due to downstream patches or weird version of libraries], so far the only always reproducible bug i have on KDE is actually on calligra krita with EGL on RadeonSI spawning a crash in glew[is a bitch to track btw].

in any case those bug you should always test at least 2 different distros because KDE cannot control if your distro messed up the packages with patches or broken dependencies and please create proper bug reports, automated crash reports are useless without context information unless the crash is a very fat ass ovbious mistake

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
          well in KDE defense i never hitted that bug on arch/gentoo no and i used KDE4 since 4.0 and KDE crash reports are automated since a while a go and a crash report that is blank or saying "it crashed" is not exactly helpful either, beside KDE seems to fail a lot in ubuntu spins[some time ago i tried to reproduce many open bugs in bugzilla but only were reproducible on Kubuntu but not opensuse/gentoo or arch mostly due to downstream patches or weird version of libraries], so far the only always reproducible bug i have on KDE is actually on calligra krita with EGL on RadeonSI spawning a crash in glew[is a bitch to track btw].

in any case those bug you should always test at least 2 different distros because KDE cannot control if your distro messed up the packages with patches or broken dependencies and please create proper bug reports, automated crash reports are useless without context information unless the crash is a very fat ass ovbious mistake
          Finally someone else said it! *Facedesk*
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
          X