Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac OS 9 AND BELOW?

Michael today is not 1st Appril.

You could add proper commentarty to that...

Comment

Michael did outline why this one has a chance of being true. The internal Linux build, and Blizzard's comments about releasing a Linux native game before year's end. Even though my money is on Blizzard All-Stars (or Heroes of the Storm, or whatever), WoW do have a good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabang View Post
        I am not a gamer, but I am currently investing some money on games on Linux, That's pure strategy to investment on Linux Graphic development
        I like how you think.

It would be nice if WoW would come to Linux as a native client.

Comment

They lost me at Pandas. I don't care If the CEO is a Panda, I don't care if the name WOW means Panda in another language. I don't care if the game was originally two Pandas fighting each other......over another Panda. Pandas are stupid and don't belong in that genre as a main character. As a NPC character that I don't have to see all the time fine, but not a playable character and definitely not a main story line.

Comment

Originally posted by who_me View Post
            It also lists Windows 95,98 and Me. Yeah, seems legit. Another Phoronix "special" folks. Get HYPED!
            For the record, according to http://worldofwconline.com/content/w...quirements.php it only requires DirectX 9.0. And according to this; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX you can get DirectX 9.0 for Win98SE/ME. So while '95 itself may or may not be supported, looks like you could theoretically play it on '98.

Anyone willing to give it a try?

Comment

Originally posted by Shabang View Post
              I am not a gamer, but I am currently investing some money on games on Linux, That's pure strategy to investment on Linux Graphic development
              I am a gamer and happy to see non gamers realising, how good this is for the Linux desktop.

For years now, my pc is dual boot, and for years I have been reading the argument, almost nobody games on Linux, so you do not need really good drivers.

I also remember Nvidia stating something along these lines.
              We are not going to put in allot of effort, for just a few people.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                I like how you think.

It would be nice if WoW would come to Linux as a native client.
                I think this is a day late and a dollar short. I hate to say it but WoW isn't what it used to be...

Also you can run it in Wine with no issues.

Comment

well..

if wow comes native to linux and ms office too wine dies lol

Comment

Originally posted by jmcharron View Post
                    I think this is a day late and a dollar short. I hate to say it but WoW isn't what it used to be...
                    Can you elaborate? WoW has somewhere around 9 million subscribers. That's a very big MMORPG, by any standard. In fact, as of October 2013, it is number 1 in terms of active subscriber count.

I think it's safe to assume that a significant percentage of WoW subscribers are nerds and geeks. Perfect candidate for a native Linux client.

Another way to look at it: There are more paying WoW subscribers than there are ObamaCare subscribers. A lot more. Lol.
                    Last edited by torsionbar28; 01 November 2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
                      if wow comes native to linux and ms office too wine dies lol
                      Firstly, there will never be a native Linux build of MS Office, so don't hold your breath waiting.

Secondly, even if there was, it wouldn't affect WINE. The thing I use WINE the most for, is running Windows software that won't even run on Windows! I've got plenty of special purpose software that was written for Win9x and WinNT that simply won't run on Windows 8. Microsoft has broken backwards compatibility. But this old Windows software runs perfectly under WINE.

Comment

Working...
                      X