No announcement yet.

Amazon Lists Linux Support For World Of Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If WoW is released natively on Linux, then I will reactivate my account... at least for a month, just to show my support. But I agree, it's 8 years too late (but better late than never).

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
      - This is what I use wine for as well, but honestly I'm losing faith in the wine project. They're so focused on making Directx 10/11 work, they still haven't finished support for directx 5. I've been waiting 13 years to play Warhammer: Dark Omen in wine and it still doesn't work. Despite submitting many bug reports and having a free demo of the engine for wine devs to test with. Wine needs a team of about 3 people dedicated to finishing support for old windows apps. It'll never match current windows for code/features, but they could easily sweep the deck with old windows installations being used for legacy apps.
      Yea, pretty much. There's a patch for Wine that fixes the problem of no input being handled in popup windows, which is important for programs like UnrealEd, but they refuse to merge it due to some missing OS X support and such. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
        I think you may have bad info, or perhaps an unsubstantiated rumor. I've been running WoW under WINE since 2009, never had any issue with Blizzard or banning.

Subscriber trends aside, they are still the number 1 biggest, at ~9 Million people. Lord knows Linux on the desktop needs every bit of help it can get.
        I've heard that rumor too, but likewise I've played wow on wine off and on for a couple years with no problem. I'm guessing one guy got banned for something else, blamed it on wine, and it spread like wildfire.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonditz View Post
          I've heard that rumor too, but likewise I've played wow on wine off and on for a couple years with no problem. I'm guessing one guy got banned for something else, blamed it on wine, and it spread like wildfire.
          Yeah, that's exactly what happened. I think there were 2 people complaining about it, and it lit up reddit or somewhere, and no one else ever reported any issues. But now everyone still remembers that story about WOW blocking WINE, even though it never happened.

Comment

Working...
          X