fglrx+AIGLX+Compiz=missing window decorations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fglrx+AIGLX+Compiz=missing window decorations

So I managed to install the drivers and configure my new laptop. What do you know, I can actually "run" compiz, except for one little detail: The window decorations are missing. This reminds a lot of the nVidia problem where you have to use Option AddARGBGLXVisuals to get them back... However it's been a while since I last used ATi, and this is uncharted territory as far as my ATi experience goes. Any pointers are much appreciated.

By the way this is on Fedora 8 x86_64, installed from the reference ATi driver.

Hi

I had this also with Kubuntu. Its because the KDE desktop environment doesnt work with compiz so I wasn't seeing the windows decoration.

To fix it I installed the Emerald theme which does work with compiz then I installed the compiz task bar control and select Emerald as the screen decorator and problem is solved and looks really nice

Comment

That shouldn't be the case with Fedora's Compiz due to Heliodor (GTK window decorator for Compiz), at any rate, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Comment

Working...
      X