Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD/ATI X.Org Driver Brings New GPU Suppoer

Phoronix: AMD/ATI X.Org Driver Brings New GPU Suppoer

Version 7.2.0 of the xf86-video-ati DDX driver was released this morning. While the X.Org drivers aren't too exciting these days with most of the really great work happening within the DRM or Mesa/Gallium3D drivers, there's still an interesting number of changes to xf86-video-ati 7.2.0 for Radeon GPU hardware support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo in title.

Comment

What happends to the X.org drivers on systems running next-gen display servers (wayland/mir)? Are they completely useless on these systems? I a new next-gen display server driver required in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by Figueiredo View Post
        What happends to the X.org drivers on systems running next-gen display servers (wayland/mir)? Are they completely useless on these systems? I a new next-gen display server driver required in this case?
        No need for a ddx on Wayland. Weston/toolkits only needs egl and opengles (which is exported by mesa on open source drivers). It should be the same for Mir but I cannot tell for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
          No need for a ddx on Wayland. Weston/toolkits only needs egl and opengles (which is exported by mesa on open source drivers). It should be the same for Mir but I cannot tell for sure.
          And what happends to the stuff ddx drivers support, such as PRIME, reverse PRIME, etc? It needs to be incorporated into weston/mir?

Comment

I believe I also remember seeing some blit/copy performance optimizations recently in the git log. Haven't had much of a chance to test them out explicitly for performance, but they're running fine on my Radeon 5400 at work (no glamor today).

I'll have to try the 2D tiling support for SI when I get home... I hadn't enabled it yet, even though the support has been present for a while in git.

Comment

Working...
            X