No announcement yet.

ASUS P2-M2A690G + Xine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering now has anyone faced following behaviour with this setup. I didn't get the VDR working with xineliboutput plugin after trying a lot. The XV worked for some channels but not all.

Then I thought I could try Xine. I noticed that if I start Xine with command 'xine' or 'xine DVB://"YLE TV1"', I can get the video showed correctly. Both native and scaled video works. I even checked with --verbose and it is really using xv as video output.

Then I tested DVD playback, same thing.

Then I noticed one difference when looking at xine log. I remember VDR was complaining about missing mpeg_block demuxer when the installation was not complete. It disappeared when I fixed the problem. So, one would assume that VDR+xineliboutput is using mpeg_block (xineplug_dmx_mpeg_block.so??) and xine is using MPEG Transport Stream demuxer (xineplug_dmx_mpeg_ts.so??).I even checked with --verbose and it is really using xv as video output.

Maybe there is something wrong in VDR+xineliboutput-plugin code which is using xine-lib.

I noticed one thing that comes and goes with xine also. If I start xine with either of previously presented commands, I might end up with scrambled display. It doesn't happen all the time, but like half of the starts. If I switch between fullscreen and window with xines ui, the video is shown correctly. This might be some timing issue, maybe related to HW temperature. I don't know...

Based on this experience I would say that Xvideo is working on X1250 with fglrx 8.2 driver. There might be some issues that are different from other drivers/chips, so fglrx might need somewhat different code from user SW side.

I could try to get some help on debugging this from xine-quys...

Comment

The new 8.3 release didn't seem to give anything new. I'm not sure about the Xv itself, but I'm still having the same problems.

Using Xine 0.9.9.5 and XineLib 1.1.10.1:
      When I start xine and select DVB, I'll first get scrambled picture. When I toggle to fullscreen, the situation corrects and stays that way even though I toggle back to window mode or change channel. Same applies to DVD watching.
      I can seen that CPU load is around 10-15% during playback and it doesn't vary if I change the window size.
      I have AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350.

Comment

I tried mplayer and it works without problems. I haven't yet tried how subtitles and stuff work with it...

Comment

Working...
        X