Cannot build fglrx-module on debian 64bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot build fglrx-module on debian 64bit

As indicated, I cannot build the fglrx-module (version 8.02).
    It does not matter by which 'method' I choose to install the driver, all fail at the module building phase with following error:
    Code:
    ATI module generator V 2.0
    ==========================
    initializing...
    cleaning...
    patching 'highmem.h'...
    assuming new VMA API since we do have kernel 2.6.x...
     Assuming default VMAP API
     Assuming default munmap API
    doing Makefile based build for kernel 2.6.x and higher
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.24-kosh/build SUBDIRS=/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.24'
      CC [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?firegl_put_user_ptr?:
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1594: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1594: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?__ke_check_pci?:
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1951: error: implicit declaration of function ?pci_find_slot?
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1951: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?__ke_pci_find_slot?:
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2840: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?__ke_unregister_ioctl32_conversion?:
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2972: warning: ?return? with a value, in function returning void
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?KAS_SlabCache_Initialize?:
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:5219: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    make[2]: *** [/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.24'
    make: *** [kmod_build] Error 2
    build failed with return value 2
    I'm on debian sid, 64bit.
    Any ideas? Could this be related to the transition from linux32 to util-linux, and that some script is broken somewhere?

Use CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY=Y.

Comment

How the hell did you know???

Thanks anyhow, it built and now works fine,...
      EDIT: well I think I should define 'fine'...
      for some reason nearly all opengl-apps a garbeld up.
      quake3 for instance, doom3 refuses to start up completely.
      Now these are both well and tested apps and have worked well in the past...
      Am I missing something?
      Last edited by hungerfish; 18 February 2008, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X