No announcement yet.

Humble Indie Bundle 6 Brings In New Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont expect too much, 'cause torchlight on linux is currently also pretty buggy/crashy
    they should have waited few more days untill all games are done.

Comment

Originally posted by narciso View Post
      Are you running Rochard with vsync? Because with vsync the game doesn't run very good, which could mean a vsync issue with nvidia drivers, or the game not running at 60fps, and dropping to 30 fps.

There's the same issue with Bastion, the game can't maintain 60 fps with vsync on.

I enabled triple buffer in the drivers which made the game to run more smooth.
      vsync?..didn't see that option in the game. from nvidia panel "sync to vblank" is disabled for me tho.

Comment

Yes, the game doesn't have a vsync option. I'm talking about vsync in nvidia panel.

Try to enable it and run the game, and see if it's smooth.

I can't stand screen tearing, so no vsync is not an option to me.

Comment

Originally posted by directhex View Post
          Note: Rochard = Mono-based
          It states right in the description on the humble site that it is the first Unity game for Linux.

Comment

Rochard

Yeah, I kinda got the idea it was made using Unity after I saw the splash screen when I started it up

Comment

Originally posted by KohlyKohl View Post
              It states right in the description on the humble site that it is the first Unity game for Linux.
              As the other comments in this thread will attest, there's a lot of ignorance and/or denial over the topic of Unity3D->Mono

Me, I just want to make sure every hard-line anti-Mono fanatic is fully aware that Unity3D is closed off to them on their moral grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by directhex View Post
                Me, I just want to make sure every hard-line anti-Mono fanatic is fully aware that Unity3D is closed off to them on their moral grounds.
                Because opinions can never change.

Comment

Torchlite failed to install in Debian stable

I have Glib 2.11 need Glib 2.12 Damn!! Last time I stayed up until 3:00Am trying to compile a newer version of Glib from source I hosed up my computer and had to do a clean install. Why oh why didn't I learn Linux when my brain was still working better. Instead I grew fat, lazy and old, lulled to sleep by the Satanic Eugenics supporting windowz.

Comment

You can always use a version of Linux where these things are done for you and you just... use it, instead of fixing and upgrading it all the time for modern tech.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post
                      I have Glib 2.11 need Glib 2.12 Damn!! Last time I stayed up until 3:00Am trying to compile a newer version of Glib from source I hosed up my computer and had to do a clean install. Why oh why didn't I learn Linux when my brain was still working better. Instead I grew fat, lazy and old, lulled to sleep by the Satanic Eugenics supporting windowz.
                      Huh? Your subject line says you are running Debian Stable, yet the version of glib in Debian stable is 2.24 (http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libglib2.0-0). May I suggest that you're no longer running Debian Stable any more, and may need to do a dist-upgrade?

EDIT: Whoops, my mistake. You're referring to the glibc version, which is version 2.11 in Debian stable. Well, you can always use apt pinning and install the libc6 packages from testing.
                      Last edited by DeeK; 20 September 2012, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X