No announcement yet.

ATI fglrx 8.31.5 - error while building RPMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See www.livna.org for fglrx driver RPMs, though those aren't built using the included packaging scripts.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      See www.livna.org for fglrx driver RPMs, though those aren't built using the included packaging scripts.
      Realise that this thread is a bit old now, and since i don't even use fedora anymore (due to the problems with the ATI drivers) it might be a bit irrelevent, but i solved the -lqt dependency problem when building the fireglpanel from source. I simply invoked
      ln -s /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so /usr/lib/libqt.so
      as root

Sorts it out on mandriva anyway. Hope this might help someone in the future.

Comment

Michael, sorry for not replying for so long (illness prevented me from doing this). I have installed the drivers from livna.org. It seems to me that video has improved, but I haven't 3D accelleration. I suppose that something should be written in xorg.conf, but what? (These options change from version to version.)

lebabyg, perhaps you are right. I'll try your method, when I have time.

P.S. Merry Cristmas to all Phoronix Forums Members!

Comment

fixed for me

yum install libXext-devel libXmu-devel libSM-devel libXxf86vm-devel compat-libstdc++-33 qt-devel
          ln -s /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so
          ln -s /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib64 /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib

then it builds for me

What utter crap that ATI can't at least tell you what fscking requisites are needed.

Comment

Problem Solved

Hey, I've finally managed to install ATi fglrx drivers correctly and get 3D acceleration. The solution was quite simple: I'd installed both Gnome & KDE (without installing additional libraries, as I did last time).

I don't know what was the real cause of my problem, but it is solved for the time being. Thanks to all, who took part in helping me!!!

Comment

Working...
            X