Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XGL + Beryl + FC6 + whitescreen

Hello everyone,
    I have been using XGL + Gnome + Compiz with the ATI drivers from livna on my ATI Xpress 200. Everything is working fine. But i have not been able to get any new themes for it.
    I have the composite option disabled in xorg.conf

So i decided to try out Beryl. I installed beryl from beryl-repo. There are no errors while installation. I can run emerald, beryl-manager. When i run beryl-xgl or beryl from the command line i get the beryl splash screen and then the entire desktop goes white. i can see that the desktop is running beneath the whiteness.( cursor changes over the terminal). I can also rotate the cube.
    Can anyone help me install beryl properly or give me a solution to this problem?? the solutions in the beryl forum weren't really helpful!

Thank you beforehand!

I haven't had much time yet to try out Beryl a lot yet on FC6, but when I have the time I'll give it a shot.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

How do you did that?

Hello!
      I thought it was not possible to run 3d effects (copiz and/or beryl) with the current official flgrx drivers, since they don't include the AIGLX support yet.

Comment

All of the effects work with the open-source Radeon drivers.

With the fglrx drivers, using XGL should be fine.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

You are rigth, I was confused.
          XGL works with Compiz in gnome rather well, but this is useless for me, since I am a KDE user.

Using XGL with KDE and Beryl I have two problems:
          - XGL hangs when starting a KDE session: the XGL process consume the 99% of the cpu and everything goes extremely slow.
          - If I enable beryl-manager then the latter problem disappears, but I get the white screem that kvanshidhar report in the the first post of this topic.

Comment

It seems that the white screen problem with the FC6 + XGL + Beryl configuration still having no solution.
            I have tried this morning with the latest releases of the fglrx driver (the 8.31.5 from livna) and Beryl (beryl-core-0.1.2-5.fc6 from the Beryl repository) and I am getting the same "nice" white cube with the beryl logo at the top and bottom faces .

Any ideas appart from waiting for the expected AIGLX support for the fglrx drivers?

Comment

Not too sure off hand, as I haven't yet had the time to load up Beryl on FC6. I'll work on trying it out in the coming days.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

I have the same problem as you..
                I installed XGL on my FC6 and I am using KDE.
                I am hoping the offical ati driver support AIGLX.

Comment

I had the same problem, but only with beryl-xgl. When I run just "beryl" it works fine. I had to add an entry for "beryl" in my session properties startup dialogue otherwise beryl-manager chose compiz as my desktop manager.

Aaron Newcomb
                  Mposun merupakan situs game online resmi terbaik dan terpercaya, dengan win rate paling tinggi 98,8%.

Comment

i was able to get rid of the white screen was to go to tty6 and kill off compiz/beryl then go back to tty7 and logout, works fine now.
                    Or you can you can get rid of it through rm ~/.kde/Autostart/beryl-manager.
                    Last edited by reugen; 08 December 2006, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X