Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Backups

Hello everyone

I am quite new to the Linux world and have decided to stick with Linux Mint 10. I am obviously moving from Windows and as such I have a lot of games on steam - some of which I would like to transfer over to linux in hopes that I can play them through WINE.

Now I've had a bit of a look through the WINE AppDB, and from what I can see many of the games that I have are reported to work (Left 4 Dead 2, Fallout 3 as examples).

The only issue I have is that I have some games that I backed up so I wouldn't have to download them again. Will Steam restore work or will I have to download them again? I will download them again if I absolutely have to but I would prefer not to

Thankyou in advance for your time and assistance,

howoriginalAU

hi, if you install steam with wine it should restore like on windows.

Originally posted by howoriginalAU View Post
    Hello everyone

I am quite new to the Linux world and have decided to stick with Linux Mint 10. I am obviously moving from Windows and as such I have a lot of games on steam - some of which I would like to transfer over to linux in hopes that I can play them through WINE.

Now I've had a bit of a look through the WINE AppDB, and from what I can see many of the games that I have are reported to work (Left 4 Dead 2, Fallout 3 as examples).

The only issue I have is that I have some games that I backed up so I wouldn't have to download them again. Will Steam restore work or will I have to download them again? I will download them again if I absolutely have to but I would prefer not to

Thankyou in advance for your time and assistance,

howoriginalAU

Comment

Working...
    X