Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with my new 5450 card

Hi

I'm having two issues with this new card which I hope anyone can help me with.

First, I can't properly play any 3D game because of the problem I have reported here: http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1932. Does anyone else have this issue and/or know a workaround for it?

Secondly, I can't get XvBA to work... could anyone help me with that?

$ vainfo
    libva: libva version 0.31.1-sds1
    Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
    libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva: Trying to open /usr/lib64/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
    xvba_video: XVBA_CreateContext(): status 11
    libva error: /usr/lib64/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so init failed
    libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
    vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

I'm on Fedora 13 x86_64.

Thanks for any help you can provide

I solved all my issues by installing the driver from the AMD web-site instead of using RPM-Fusion's driver :-)

Comment

Ugh... I don't know what I did but the flickering is back... whole screen starts to flicker with mess whenever a fullscreen OGL app is launched. Windowed apps and, strangely, compiz work fine. Does anyone know what is going on with my system?

Comment

You can try another port for your vga adapter. Some ati cards flicker on one port only.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquous View Post
          Ugh... I don't know what I did but the flickering is back... whole screen starts to flicker with mess whenever a fullscreen OGL app is launched. Windowed apps and, strangely, compiz work fine. Does anyone know what is going on with my system?
          It depends on the application, OS and configuration. Some random thoughts:
          - Check vsync is "always on" in AMD CCCLE.
          - If you have a compositor enabled (compiz), there could be some flickering left
          - Tear-free OpenGL rendering is only available through a single display
          - If you use XBMC and VA-API, there is a bug whereby a VA surface is flagged as "free" too early whereas it is used later when being transfered to an OpenGL texture.

Comment

then xvba-video 0.7.5 does not crash vlc git then you can see a picture. but no way for mplayer with hd 5670. should it work with mplayer?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              then xvba-video 0.7.5 does not crash vlc git then you can see a picture. but no way for mplayer with hd 5670. should it work with mplayer?
              Yes, it works with MPlayer, I only use that beyond some other proprietary stuff. If it doesn't for you, you will have to provide more information and follow the other thread...

Comment

I've managed to fix it. After messing in CCC (thanks for the tip, gbeauche) I noticed it had changed my xorg.conf. (I didn't think it would do that. Yes, I may be a tad ignorant.) When I commented out these lines:

#Section "ServerLayout"
                # Identifier "aticonfig Layout"
                # Screen 0 "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0" 0 0
                #EndSection

and

#Section "Screen"
                # Identifier "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0"
                # Device "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
                # Monitor "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
                # DefaultDepth 24
                # SubSection "Display"
                # Viewport 0 0
                # Depth 24
                # EndSubSection
                #EndSection

the flickering went away. Yay!

XvBA also works perfectly for me (edit: that's in VLC, I've never used mplayer) - no tearing at all, except when making a screenshot of it - but who cares about that. Though the display does turn black for exactly one second after starting a video (yes, my card does indeed really like to flicker, one way or another :P), the quality is perfect and I can live with the one-time one-second flicker.

Comment

OK, I've located the problem, and it's bad. It's vsync. When I turn it on in CCC, the flickering starts occurring. It goes away when I turn it off.

So I can either watch video (=vsync on) or play games (=vsync off). Why can't I do both?

Comment

I have also problems with vainfo

libva: libva version 0.31.1
                    Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
                    libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
                    libva: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_drv_video.so
                    xvba_video: XVBA_CreateContext(): status 11
                    libva error: /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_drv_video.so init failed
                    libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
                    vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

Using 10.11 with 6850. I copied all drivers by hand. Firstly, 32 bit drivers installed. I remove them and copied 64x one by hand from ati driver package (from site), But it still don't working.
                    I build valib from repo too but doesn't helps.
                    Is there any debug message that I can understand whats going on? Or Is it due UVD3 at 6850? (Catalyst 10.11 doesn't support 6850's officially.)

Comment

Working...
                    X