No announcement yet.

VaAPI with Intel HD Graphics Clarkdale i3 proc not working with mplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats not really logical, as it worked before for me. But as i only own 1 board but 2 cpus i will not switch back to the i5-680 so soon. currently i prefer to test my i7-880. In the thread i showed you a script that installs libdrm from experimental,but that disabled experimental immediately. Maybe report problems in #videolan on irc.freenode.net. #xbmc-linux is on the same server, but had also some problems there, not sure if you find the one who wrote the vaapi support. But you can of course test it:

Btw. i used

or

+ ubuntu mainline 2.6.36 kernels for the tests before i switched the cpu. this is the last current one:

Comment

Just believe me. On VLC with your script I got either a green artefact slide show or a stutter. And yes, vaapi is used. On the same time mplayer doesn't have any problems. Later I'll try a snapshot with established codecs on my OS instead latest from git. Or do I need the latest? When I think of working mplayer, the answer should be 'no'?!

Comment

Well when you look at the script you will see that you can test 1.1 branch too.

rm -rf ~/dist

and disable the case with the wget selection with # to force the older version. Maybe that works for you. If somebody sends me a s1156 board I will test it sooner again (+ ddr3 ram).

Comment

I have installed vlc with your attached file. It seems, it can play the video, the CPU usage is about 30%. But it stutterts in everey second. Any idea?

Comment

I tried again, but the matter is worse than before. VLC eats my cpu, and i get green colours and big strange pixels...

Comment

With a clean vlc and codecs from squeeze + latest vaapi vlc still fails to decode properly. The green artefacts are gone, but there are still some and furthermore stutter. Cpu usage is around 10% when mplayer is around ~5%. mplayer stays my first choice!

The "micro stutter" issue sill exists.

Comment

It is higher, but it does not matter if 5 or 10%. You can use m2ts subtitles with vlc which you can not use with mplayer. Also ts demuxing is much better with vlc. My vlc script builds ffmpeg, so it uses absolutely latest ffmpeg and nothing from squeeze - or did you modify it?

Comment

It even matters that WMP has 0%. Anyway, vlc.git is atm unusable.

Comment

Did you try 1.1 branch too? It definitely worked for me when i tested it. Do not overrate the cpu usage, that does not matter at all because it still runs in powersave mode, no matter if 5 or 10% usage.

Comment

No, I tried only 1.2.git. Yes, but 0% usage also means a deeper sleep state or less wake ups. The other question is, why are there distinct cpu usages if both times vaapi and ffmpeg are the same. Since vaapi is new to vlc, it still has to mature.

Comment

Working...
                      X