Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free radeon driver | HD3870 | Arch Linux x86 | Sauerbraten

Hi guys,

I want to know if it's possible to play Cube 2: Sauerbraten with the free radeon driver. I want to install Arch Linux on my main computer but the problem is that I'm using an ATi Radeon HD3870 and the proprietary driver is still very crappy especially on officially not supported distributions. In the previous version of this thread I had a link to the xorg website because I was confused that my chip (RV670) isn't listed there. As you already know there is a spam protection for new users. Now I waited ca 12 hours so please don't mind it admins, but I finally want to know if it works or not. ;-)

Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks in Anticipation.

Not yet.

I tried about a week ago, and there are textures missing, resulting in caulk everywhere. It works, but it's not playable, as you can't make out where the walls are and similar.

Check http://wiki.x.org/wiki/RadeonProgram for more info.

I don't know why Sauerbraten doesn't work. Most other shooters work just fine: OpenArena, QuakeLive, World of Padman, Nexuiz, Warsow... Even Penumbra is working perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
      Not yet.

I tried about a week ago, and there are textures missing, resulting in caulk everywhere. It works, but it's not playable, as you can't make out where the walls are and similar.

Check http://wiki.x.org/wiki/RadeonProgram for more info.

I don't know why Sauerbraten doesn't work. Most other shooters work just fine: OpenArena, QuakeLive, World of Padman, Nexuiz, Warsow... Even Penumbra is working perfectly.
      Thanks for the information.

Comment

Thanks for the information

Comment

Working...
        X