No announcement yet.

catalyst 10.4 (official) where is it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catalyst 10.4 (official) where is it ?

Hi guys,

April is nearing its end

are there any recent news about the official 10.4 catalyst driver ?

I don't care about the Ubuntu-provided one since it doesn't work for me properly and keeps on segfaulting with error 7 when trying to run anything other than googleearth

Ubuntu / Lucid Lynx runs ridiculously slow for me, keeps the CPU load at a minimum while keeping the harddrive decently rattling all the time (self-tests ?!) on purpose prolongating everything and thus driving me crazy due to ruining my work-flow

besides that minimizing and maximizing with compositing is slow again (did they drop the non-included backclear patch which wasn't supposed to be included in the first place ?), you can't "remove" usb-hardware e.g. via: echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1.6/remove - hence no standby if that usb-hardware can't be disabled and keeps the cpu from going to sleeping

etc. etc.

hopefully it works otherwise I'll be forced to wait some time until the opensource drivers (I'd currently prefer much more the binary drivers due to their UVD2, powermanagement, etc. support)

thanks !

no idea where they are, but the windows 10.4 drivers haven't been released, either. Patience, grasshopper.

Comment

*crosses fingers for Eyefinity support*

Comment

They've been going later in the month for releases recently, or so I've noticed.

I'd expect that it'd be out tomorrow, as I just now checked the windows version # available and it's still says 10.3.

Comment

It looks like 10.4 is up on the AMD website - although it looks like they're a bit confused, as it still says 10.3 next to the download link.

Comment

thanks !

yeah, so it's finally out

unfortunately it still doesn't work for me (and several other Gentoo-users)

I already posted it in the other thread but that one gets filled way to fast to be noticed so I post again here:

@bridgman:

could you please ask the devs of catalyst / fglrx what "error 7" in libGL.so.1.2 means ?

I'm still getting it and have tried it meanwhile with all the different combinations I can think of

from 2.6.32 to 2.6.34-rc6
            from gcc 4.3* to gcc 4.5*
            from hardened to non-hardened
            from amd64 to x86
            from nopat to pat
            from enabling to disabling uvesafb
            by re-installing my system from scratch to no avail

nothing has helped

it HAS TO BE a kind of regression from 10.1 starting with 10.2, 10.3 to 10.4 which doesn't allow me to use compositing and 3D apps anymore on my system (gentoo unstable/testing)

many thanks in advance for your assistance

Comment

could you please ask the devs of catalyst / fglrx what "error 7" in libGL.so.1.2 means ?

I'm still getting it and have tried it meanwhile with all the different combinations I can think of
              I get that too when i try to use the --buildpkg option for my Slackware system. Have u tried installed the drivers into / with the ati-installer?
              Maybe a stupid question but hey just want to help out from my own experiences.

Comment

Working...
              X