No announcement yet.

Catalyst 10.1 seems to be out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested, this seems to work with the mobility hd 5xxx,at least my 5650 is working with it. Needs manual xorg.conf and give a transparent icon in X bottom right corner telling Unsupported hw). Check the other thread for more.

Comment

here we go again...
      Code:
      dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libatiuki.so.1 needed by debian/xorg-driver-fglrx/usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.so (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').
      Have to look at it later when I have more time...

Comment

Hmm almost the same error as cutterjohn.
        --buildpkg Mandriva/2010.0 rpm's build without issue (64bit) but cannot install
        Code:
        - x11-driver-video-fglrx-8.690-1amd.mdv2010.0.x86_64 (due to unsatisfied libatiuki.so.1()(64bit))
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
        Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Of course package generation for Debian Squeeze is broken. Tried 'testing' too, of course it's also broken.

Comment

Useless effort anyway as the xserver in Debian testing is not supported.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Useless effort anyway as the xserver in Debian testing is not supported.
              I'm not saying you're wrong, but what exactly do you base this on?

Currently under Squeeze I'm running:
              xserver-xorg 1:7.4+4
              xserver-xorg-core 2:1.6.5-1

The Catalyst 10.1 Release Notes require:
              XOrg 6.8, 6.9, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 or 7.4

Granted I haven't built X from source in a very long time and the current numbering scheme is less than clear, but these bits seem to indicate I have a 7.4 xorg version which the 10.1 Release Notes identify.

Ok, you might say the core server is unsupported. Ubuntu Karmic is supported by Catalyst 10.1, yes? If we look at the package xserver-xorg (1:7.4+3ubuntu7) we see a core server requirement of xserver-xorg-core (>= 2:1.5.99.901). In fact the Karmic core server is 1.6.4.

So it looks like the squeeze Xorg is just a hair newer than Karmic's. In fact based on Karmic's xserver-xorg-core requirement 1.6.5 should work.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, but based on this info I'm just not reaching the same conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by nbi1 View Post
                I'm not saying you're wrong, but what exactly do you base this on?

Currently under Squeeze I'm running:
                xserver-xorg 1:7.4+4
                xserver-xorg-core 2:1.6.5-1

The Catalyst 10.1 Release Notes require:
                XOrg 6.8, 6.9, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 or 7.4

Granted I haven't built X from source in a very long time and the current numbering scheme is less than clear, but these bits seem to indicate I have a 7.4 xorg version which the 10.1 Release Notes identify.

Ok, you might say the core server is unsupported. Ubuntu Karmic is supported by Catalyst 10.1, yes? If we look at the package xserver-xorg (1:7.4+3ubuntu7) we see a core server requirement of xserver-xorg-core (>= 2:1.5.99.901). In fact the Karmic core server is 1.6.4.

So it looks like the squeeze Xorg is just a hair newer than Karmic's. In fact based on Karmic's xserver-xorg-core requirement 1.6.5 should work.
                I just confirmed that the squeeze 1.6.5 core xserver works just fine under Karmic. Even with the 1.6.4 Radeon driver. Apparently 1.6.4 and 1.6.5 aren't so different as to cause problems. Which leads me to believe the fglrx from Catalyst 10.1 would be just fine for squeeze if I could only build it.

Comment

It's even newer than lucid and since about 5 months fglrx does not work with Xserver 1.7.x. Ask some Fedora users

Comment

@nbi1

Where do you see 1.6.5 here?

Comment

Debian Testing...

I read a post in here somewhere claiming that Debian Squeeze supports the latest driver.

I am currently fully up to date on Debian Squeeze (as of January, 29th, 2010) and I can definitely tell you something is very wrong. I am using the latest download (10.1).

(II) LoadModule: "fglrx"
                      (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
                      dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol: UpdateSpriteForScreen
                      (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
                      (II) UnloadModule: "fglrx"
                      (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (loader failed, 7)
                      (EE) No drivers available.

Then everything fails of course.

I bought my HD3650 hoping to have better support under linux, but so far things seem far more difficult.

A few days ago I had to manually install fglrx by editing a source file and adding an include for 9.12. Now this happens and the old driver doesn't seem to work either anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X