No announcement yet.

Radeon KMS with rs880 (785G IGP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same thing with 2.6.32-rc6-git1 and 2.6.31.y with drm-next (as per the RadeonBuildHowto) (even after rebuilding world in gentoo - just in case :-D).

Kernel panic at boot with next-20091104 so couldnt test...
    Last edited by gd_19; 05 November 2009, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Here's a low quality picture taken from my phone:

Note that this screen is static, it doesn't change if I move the mouse and I can't switch to a console.

Do you think my linker options could be breaking something? I use -Wl, --as-needed

CFLAGS are sane though (-O2, pipe, -fomit-frame-pointer, -march=amdfam10h)

Comment

Update: It seems X works when KMS is NOT enabled after all... As I said, with radeon.modeset=0 running X in a shell results in a black screen (with no cursor and the backlight going eventually off) but when I start the xdm init script (configured to start kdm) it works fine when KMS is disabled.

Everything seems to work fine including kwin's effects.

I'm starting to believe that what I'm experiencing might be similar to this bug, but unfortunately I don't have the tools or knowledge to further investigate: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=24218
        Last edited by gd_19; 05 November 2009, 04:21 AM.

Comment

I send t a fix to the mailing list last night and attached it to the bug. Should fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
            I send t a fix to the mailing list last night and attached it to the bug. Should fix it.
            yeap it's fixed... thanks a ton!!

3d seems a little snappier than no KMS and dri1, albeit one can find a few transparency artifacts on the plasma desktop...

Comment

Working...
            X