No announcement yet.

AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mplayer OSD is no longer displayed properly with Version 0.7.1 (shows white squares in place of osd)

fglrx 10.6
    radeonhd 4200 (igp)
    karmic 32bit

Comment

• You could try vlc too:

run the script as root first and then as user. Did you use

This script is always a good base for vlc because it installs libva in the system directly and not in the home, in the wrong order it can be possible that an older libva is in the search path first.

Comment

• My script enables webm (encode) support when libvpx-dev is installable. Thats possible in Kanotix or Debian Squeeze. If U would fix

i would check it for maverick too... But they prefer to have got a broken web frontend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuxoholic View Post
          mplayer OSD is no longer displayed properly with Version 0.7.1 (shows white squares in place of osd)

fglrx 10.6
          radeonhd 4200 (igp)
          karmic 32bit
          -vo vaapi:gl mode? If so, yes, this is a regression fixed for 0.7.2.

Comment

• @Qaridarium

Why should i do that? I need a test card to check xvba on Evergreen. Just a bit stupid to swap the cards all the time...

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
              hey kano webm is coming for the uvd unit and catalyst ;-)
              Not for the next generation chips coming later this year. IMHO, UVD 3.0 is essentially done already and should bring the following: MPEG-2 VLD, MPEG-4 ASP (DivX), H.264 MVC. At least, this is so if we can believe the current functions available in Catalyst 10.6. For VP8, there is no driver code available yet. I doubt this will be ready for 2010. Probably for Evergreen + 2 in 2011. But I don't know, who knows? Bridgman?

Comment

• @Kano: I always update vaapi using your latest mplayer script, then I install vlc-vaapi with your script.

I'm pleased to see vlc runs fine now on most h.264 files with osd display fine, so way less hulk green than it was a month ago.

@gbeauche: yes, I run mplayer like this:
                Code:
                mplayer -cache 9182 -vo vaapi:gl -va vaapi <videofile>.ts
                So I'll wait for 0.7.2 then, thank you for mentioning this.

Comment

• vlc is much better for ts then mplayer usually. Also vlc can show m2ts subtitles, so it is a huge improvement. Just xvideo is still flickering...

Comment

• @Kano: how is your cpu load using vlc-vaapi compared to mplayer-vaapi?

I realized mine is about 30% with vlc, while only 10% with mplayer

vlc is run like like on a 720p source of Das Erste HD:

vlc --ffmpeg-hw <videofile>.ts

mplayer run as mentioned in my posting above.

cpu load is measured with ksysguard (kde system monitor)

Comment

• Why don't you use vdr/streamdev? I have got problems with a/v sync with das erste/zdf hd and mplayer. do you use vlc with xvideo/default output or glx?

Comment

Working...
                      X