No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.10 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can somebody please report on 2D and OpenGL version? Currently i?m using the beta driver shipped with the stream sdk.

AMD Control Center shows 2D driverversion 8.67.4 and OpenGL Version 2.1.9115. So what are the numbers for the official 9.10 driver?

Comment

and it's going downhill again.
      • standby fails
      • PowerPlay fails
      • lower OpenGL performance
      • low compiz quality

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
        and it's going downhill again.
        • standby fails
        • PowerPlay fails
        • lower OpenGL performance
        • low compiz quality
        Check if it installed correctly, and that the correct module version is loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by stancil View Post
          Can somebody please report on 2D and OpenGL version? Currently i?m using the beta driver shipped with the stream sdk.

AMD Control Center shows 2D driverversion 8.67.4 and OpenGL Version 2.1.9115. So what are the numbers for the official 9.10 driver?
          2D: 8.66.2
          OpenGL: 2.1.9026

Comment

So apparently, mplayer doesn't crash when using UVD any more.
            How, may I ask, can mplayer be configured to use UVD?

Comment

Catalyst 9.10 also contains a major advancement too, which will be exposed in the near future.
              Is this the compatibility with the 2.6.31 kernel? :-) Seriously, does it work with this kernel?

Comment

Catalyst 9.10 also contains a major advancement too, which will be exposed in the near future.
                So apparently, mplayer doesn't crash when using UVD any more.
                How, may I ask, can mplayer be configured to use UVD?
                My idle speculation is that a public release of XvBA support might be the 'major advancement'. I mean, if I were working for AMD and in a place to make these kind of decisions, I'd try to release to coincide with a few of the more popular distribution upgrades, if possible. And those semi-legitimate looking benchmarks on Gwenole Beauchesne's blog seem to suggest that it could be ready for a release by about now.

But I could be (and likely am) completely wrong.

Still, no obvious regressions so far on this end, so good release.

Comment

I think we're all thinking about the mplayer UVD usage thing here.

Perhaps ATI just made a huge mistake or maybe they want us to know that they are releasing it. Who really knows... all that I know is that if I can watch HD on my linux distro even with fglrx I'll be using it to watch movies a lot more.

Comment

I can just barely watch blu-ray bitrate HD video currently on my
                    2.4GHz C2D iMac with Radeon HD 2600 XT, as long as I am watching
                    h264 video and using both cores. There are still occasional glitches.

If the video is VC1 encoded, mplayer uses only one core and
                    it's unwatchable.

I would *love* to not have to boot into OSX just to watch my HD videos.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      The version in Ubuntu 9.10 is an earlier version of the code specifically for Ubuntu; the Catalyst 9.10 driver should contain additional changes.
                      Hello, thanks for the response. Do you happen to know if the driver in ubuntu supports the Radeon HD 5770 (I prefer to be lazy ).

Comment

Working...
                      X