No announcement yet.

945-generation and OpenGL 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really nice to see OpenGL 2.0 coming (even if slow). Maybe we'll be able to play WebGL stuff with ES 2.0.

I can't buy a whole laptop just to upgrade the GPU! Sure, I would if I had the money

Comment

Originally posted by .CME. View Post
      well, with latest mesa git you can get OpenGL 2.0 an GLSL on i945:
      OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GME GEM 20090712 2009Q2 RC3 x86/MMX/SSE2
      OpenGL version string: 2.0 Mesa 7.8-devel
      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20

you have to use driconf and enable "limited ARB_fragment_shader" and "enable stub ARB_occlusion_query"

btw, shadermodel 2.0 works fine over ARB_fragment_program without GLSL
      Is there a way to set this without using driconf?
      I need to make these settings in a firmware-like environment with no python or whatsoever installed.

Regards,
      Konstantin

Comment

driconf is just a gui for a config file generator, just use it to set the options and clone the config file and you don't need driconf anymore.

Comment

I have a Thinkpad R60 with an Intel 945. As I recall, on FreeBSD glxinfo reported OpenGL 2.0 which along with extensions was alright for all the stuff I develop at work (minus FBOs which was a pain). However with OpenBSD and Xenocara, it reported OpenGL 2.1 and FBOs did seem to be working (albeit very slowly).

I did notice that the Intel 945 seemed to have broken hardware perspective correction on anything but Windows. Not sure why.

It would look like this when rendering textures over quads (http://www.ozone3d.net/public/jegx/2...qualifiers.jpg). If I compensated for that in the shader, it would then look wrong on more modern cards so in the end I bit the bullet and bought a Thinkpad X61 with an Intel 965 which I am using to this day. Works great for graphics programming.

Comment

Working...
          X