• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 185.18.10 Linux x86/x86-64 released

New beta release today from nvidia

185.18.10 Linux x86/x86-64 released
    Release Highlights:
    • Moved kernel module loading earlier in the X driver's initialization, to facilitate more graceful fallbacks if the kernel module cannot be loaded. Removed the LoadKernelModule X configuration option.
    • Add support for new horizontal interlaced and checkerboard passive stereo modes.
    • Fixed occasional X server crashes when running an OpenGL-based composite manager.
    • Fixed crashes in Bibble 5.

The 185.18.10 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86 is available for download via FTP.
    The 185.18.10 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86-64 is available for download via FTP.

Please see the README (x86, x86-64) for more information about this release.

Please note: This NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release supports GeForce 7xxx and newer NVIDIA GPUs, GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx and 71.86.xx NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.

Please also note: If you encounter any problems with the 185.18.10 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678 for details).

Well that driver of course works with GeForce 6 gpus too as GeForce 7 gpus are basically identically to series 6.

Comment

I see this is the 185 series driver. There is mention of passive "stereo 3D" support, but I don't see any mention of active stereo support, such as with the new 120 Hz LCD monitors and nVidia "GeForce 3D Vision." I want to run one of those 120 Hz monitors from a Quadro card. Is this supported yet or not?

Comment

Working...
      X