Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 8.35.5 Driver -- Hello Catalyst Control Center Linux Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gorbs View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've been able to build the packages successfuly and got the following:

kernel-module-ATI-fglrx-2.6.20-1.2933.fc6-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
    ATI-fglrx-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
    ATI-fglrx-devel-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
    ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
    ATI-fglrx-IA32-libs-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm

Installing them in that order (using rpm -ivh xxx.rpm), I get an error when I try either of the last two rpms (control center or IA32):

error: Failed dependencies:
    libstdc++.so.5 is needed by ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64
    libstdc++.so.5(CXXABI_1.2) is needed by ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64
    libstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2) is needed by ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64

Problem being, I've installed both the 32 bit and 64 bit compat-stdlibc++ libraries (the kernel was pretty specific in asking for 64 bit, then this one asked for 32 bit), but still get this issue.

Fedora 6, x86_64 on a core 2 duo with X1950 pro. Any ideas?

Was it compat-libstdc++-33 or compat-libstdc++-296 that you installed?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Was it compat-libstdc++-33 or compat-libstdc++-296 that you installed?
      I have compat-libstdc++-33 installed. When it started complaining, I installed -296, but it's still complaining. Tried rebooting, still insisting it can't find the library.

What threw me was that the 8.35 rpm initially couldn't see the compat-libstdc++-33 library (which i didn't have installed at that point) - bit it clearly identified that it required the 64bit version in the required dependencies. The last two rpms I can't install don't have the same (64 bit) following it, so I installed the -296 library hoping this would fix it.

I'm thinking that I need to create a symbolic link to the 64bit library but can't, for the life of me, remember how to do it.

thanks,

gorbs.
      Last edited by gorbs; 01 April 2007, 07:44 PM.

Comment

The 8.35.5 fglrx driver will be dubbed the "Hello Catalyst Control Center Linux" Edition

Yes, it's here! The AMD Catalyst Control Center for Linux is in the new 8.35 driver!

I use a Dell Inspiron 6400 with ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 and running FC6 with kernel 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6. I had installed fglrx-8.29.6 drivers using Michael's script at the redblog. Can I upgrade to the 8.35.5 driver without any problem? Should I first upgrade my kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by Krishnan View Post
          I use a Dell Inspiron 6400 with ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 and running FC6 with kernel 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6. I had installed fglrx-8.29.6 drivers using Michael's script at the redblog. Can I upgrade to the 8.35.5 driver without any problem? Should I first upgrade my kernel?

First it would be recommended to upgrade your kernel to the latest official 2.6.20 kernel, but yes running --buildpkg Fedora/FC6 should work without fault.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Is someone find a way to install on fc7t3 please ? I have the Xorg version (1.2.99.903 (1.3 rc3) problem too so I can't run fglrx ( mismatch)

Comment

Originally posted by jmtwan View Post
              Is someone find a way to install on fc7t3 please ? I have the Xorg version (1.2.99.903 (1.3 rc3) problem too so I can't run fglrx ( mismatch)
              The only fix right now would be downgrading xorg to Rawhide from Test 2 era. Right now it doesn't look hopeful that 8.36 will not work with T3 either due to the mismatch .
              Michael Larabel

Comment

The only fix right now would be downgrading xorg to Rawhide from Test 2 era. Right now it doesn't look hopeful that 8.36 will not work with T3 either due to the mismatch .
                Thanks. so I'll wait for F7 final release for fglrx

Comment

Originally posted by MoridinBG View Post
                  Anybody tried to install fglrx driver on latest slackware-current with modular X.org?
                  I install the driver, compile the kernel module, but after aticonfig --initial X.org refuses to start, complaining about mismatching module requierements. Particulary it says fglrx module is compiled for 6.9.xx but 1.3.xx is found. Any souliutions?
                  same problem here, when I tried on my slackware current.. Is there any patch to install fglrx on 7.3 RCs??

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                    same problem here, when I tried on my slackware current.. Is there any patch to install fglrx on 7.3 RCs??
                    No patches at this time.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

I installed this fine (I think) but when I click AMD Catalyst Control Center, the icon does its bouncy thing next to my mouse for 30 seconds then just disappears and nothing happens. Any idea what's going on here? Maybe a reinstall?

Edit: Nevermind, it opens now Now just gotta get rid of those mesa drivers in there and use the ati ones..
                      Last edited by sonicboom; 06 April 2007, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X