No announcement yet.

A Prey Update For Linux, But Still No UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not fully get the relationship between Prey and UT3. Prey uses the Doom 3 engine not UT.

Comment

The hero - Icculus .

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      I do not fully get the relationship between Prey and UT3. Prey uses the Doom 3 engine not UT.

Comment

epic games have simply proven themselves to be a bunch of liars, one wonders how the people responsible can respect themselves.. I hope their children utters the words: "my daddy is a liar!"

Comment

Man, you are taking it personally . Its politically incorrect to brand them liars - we live in a complicated world where such uncomfortable situations arise. Although I hope that it was just due to some third party being paranoid about their 'my precious mojo', rather than epic having any vile ideas, and hope epic will learn to do everything in-house and release it cleanly next time. For now I guess, this game is a closed chapter, and I hope epic atleast pay Ryan for his work (and he is lucky to play the linux version for himself *lol*). For now, it is *epic fail* and let us move on.

Originally posted by Redeeman View Post
          epic games have simply proven themselves to be a bunch of liars, one wonders how the people responsible can respect themselves.. I hope their children utters the words: "my daddy is a liar!"

Comment

Originally posted by hdas View Post
            Man, you are taking it personally . Its politically incorrect to brand them liars - we live in a complicated world where such uncomfortable situations arise. Although I hope that it was just due to some third party being paranoid about their 'my precious mojo', rather than epic having any vile ideas, and hope epic will learn to do everything in-house and release it cleanly next time. For now I guess, this game is a closed chapter, and I hope epic atleast pay Ryan for his work (and he is lucky to play the linux version for himself *lol*). For now, it is *epic fail* and let us move on.
            Yes, let us move on. I think it is fair to say that there will never be a Linux native version of UT3. I think it's also fair to say that Epic's shenanigans mean I'll not be buying another of their products.

Of course those of us who brought UT3 on the assumption that because there were Linux clients of it's predecessors there would naturally be one for this version... well we can shake our tiny fists with impotent rage. Epic have our cash and they'll never refund it now.

So that's Infogrames/Atari and now Epic... who else wants to piss me off?

Comment

wow ! seems the port is nearly finished.

amzon uk gets the mac version of the game on 16.03.09 !!

So, i hope the linux version is already finished then !!

Comment

Originally posted by christian_frank View Post

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Macsoft-Unre...5382200&sr=1-4
                That's been on there since last year at least. Of course, are they actually porting or just throwing it in to Cider... that's the question.

Comment

That said, I haven't googled upon it, but wine should run it fine. Off late, wine has become a bulldozer - it even plays one of the games which has been ported horribly from console to windows - test drive unlimited (atari btw) - and remarkably, wine manages to play it almost reasonably well!

Anyway, I am still happy in World of Goo for now .

Comment

Originally posted by christian_frank View Post

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Macsoft-Unre...5382200&sr=1-4
                    Amazon (and others) also claimed they knew the release date of Duke Nukem Forever...

Comment

the ut3 titan pack will be released in march.

Don't you guys think that will be the best date for epic to bring out the mac and linux version also ?

Comment

Working...
                      X