No announcement yet.

ATI R600 DRI 3D Work Gets Closer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This such a "Hey, feed the dogs" kind of article.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiseoveride View Post
      This such a "Hey, feed the dogs" kind of article.
      And where is the Problem ? This is better a nothing.

Comment

Does the M66 FireGL chip count as R6xx?

My laptop has a FireGL V5250, which is apparently an M66. So does anyone know which "R" chip would be its closest member in the Radeon family, please? To be honest, I know very little about what the M66 is supposed to be able to do...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
          My laptop has a FireGL V5250, which is apparently an M66. So does anyone know which "R" chip would be its closest member in the Radeon family, please? To be honest, I know very little about what the M66 is supposed to be able to do...
          Maybe an X1700 (r500) ?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
            That's an r5xx chip and it's already fully supported (2D, 3D, Xv).

Comment

Direct Rendering Infrastructure

Radeon driver and today we have another open-source ATI accomplishment worth sharing: the R600/770 DRI support is nearing a working state. Matthias Hopf, one of the Novell developers working on the xf86-video-radeonhd driver, has stated that the Direct Rendering Infrastructure (DRI) support needed for 3D acceleration with the R600/700 series is getting closer. In Matthias Hopf's blog post he has stated that they are getting close and there's just very few registers they now don't understand.

Comment

M66 - an R5xx?

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                That's an r5xx chip and it's already fully supported (2D, 3D, Xv).
                Ah - I see the changelog for v1.2.2 of RadeonHD brought much recent R5xx goodness... Maybe I'll even be able to watch something using xine with XVideo now without crashing the Xserver afterwards - something that I've never achieved with fglrx.

I don't suppose you could also elaborate on which R5xx chip the V5250 most resembles, please? I see that the V5200 is most like an R530, for example. Is the V5250 more like an R560?

Comment

All you need is right here:

Your chip is based on the Mobility Radeon X1700, which in turn is a RV535 design. It is a die shrink of the RV530.

Comment

Working...
                  X