Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Valve needs Linux developers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
    Not the hardest of things to find.

But seeing as the OP in the ubuntu forums is a new user I wouldn't put any credability behind it. Also if they wanted a linux programmer to port steam/source over I'm sure they could find the right people by themselves.
    Exactly. I didn't bother because I have better things to do than look for what's most likely a false post.
    Besides, what's to say they're not working with someone now? That's what temp agencies and interns are for!

In all honesty though they probably do already have a few capable programmers, perhaps from LGP, iD, Epic, or even Loki ex-employees. They don't have to ask anyone. They don't need to. They just call up the houses and ask "Who do you recommend?" House says who, they try to hire said individual. No need to ask the public.
    Last edited by me262; 26 September 2008, 05:23 AM. Reason: Yes, referring to Steam.

Comment

Ubuntu users, with their Windows background, take a lot of things for granted, especially when they talk about using Valve servers for downloading free Linux games, which is a ridiculous idea. Obviously they haven't heard about, say, SourceForge or any other variant. I think Steam coming for Linux is a bad thing but for Windows and its lack of a proper package manager, of course, it's money on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by me262 View Post
        For the whole 3 minutes that girl was in the leather armor!
        I'm one of those people that likes Underworld for the same reason.
        Not sure if you misunderstood me... From the point of view of somebody digging dragons this movie is shit ( not talking about this fartbag ripping off besteller literature and thinking he's good >.=.< )

Comment

I didn't. I just have very different tastes. I watch those cheesy Sci-Fi movies. A Sound of Thunder... The Triangle... Anonymous Rex (any movie that animates a diorama classifies), Timecop...

Comment

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
            On the ubuntu forums I read the following very interesting question from a valve employe, someone called Gabe Newell (it was the reply to a request to port steam to linux):

"Do you know any good Linux developers?"

I am not a programmer myself, but could someone who is please apply for the job via the following email adress:

[email protected]

Anyone?
            Why not PM Svartalf...he's had a thread on here about porting games to Linux.

Comment

Working...
            X