Help x700 fedora install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help x700 fedora install problem

I installed from ati-driver-installer-8.33.6-x86_64.run and ran through the setup but when I run startx I get these errors

dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
    (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
    (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (loader failed, 7)
    (EE) No drivers available
    Fatal server error:
    no screens found
    XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer)on X server ":0.0"
    after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

next I ran fglrx_4_3_0-8.33.6-1.i386.rpm and it completed setup but when I do startx I still have the same problems above......
    Last edited by Magikus; 20 February 2007, 07:26 PM.

Ok I reinstalled fedora and the drivers and it loads with no errors now. But when I run startx it opens in a large resolution and all the colors are messed up. Does anyone know how I can get it to run in 1024x768 and fix the colors so I can actually see my gui??????

Comment

What resolution exactly? Did you try today's new 8.34.8 driver? Do you got a screenshot of the colors?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/ima...a33334a488.jpg

I took this screenshot on my 2048x768 desktop. As you can see it fills up almost 2 monitors.

Comment

Is that Fedora virtualized inside of Windows? If so, that will not work.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Yes it will I'm running it on virtual pc. I use to have redhat and many other distros working. I plan on dual booting windows/linux but I need to make sure I can get these drivers running before I change from virtual pc to dual.

Comment

I have no experience with Windows Virtual PC. So in the past you're saying you have gotten the fglrx working properly?
              Michael Larabel

Comment

You can't install the ATI driver in the Microsoft virtual machine. The Microsoft virtual machine emulates an S3 trio video card.

Any virtual machines are good to see if you like a particular distro, but won't be a proof of concept to show that a distro is compatible with your own hardware.

Comment

02-21-2007 08:27 PM
                  glussier You can't install the ATI driver in the Microsoft virtual machine. The Microsoft virtual machine emulates an S3 trio video card.
                  Any virtual machines are good to see if you like a particular distro, but won't be a proof of concept to show that a distro is compatible with your own hardware.

>> Wow I completely forgot about that. I found a solution for now
                  I am a human-centered product engineering leader who builds teams, develops leaders, and helps people achieve their full potential. The teams I lead deliver revolutionary digital experiences that grow businesses and delight customers.

Thanks I can't believe I didn't think of that.

02-21-2007 08:15 PM
                  Michael I have no experience with Windows Virtual PC. So in the past you're saying you have gotten the fglrx working properly?

>> I never had any display problems before on VPC. But this is my first time trying to setup fglrx.

Comment

You can actually get 24bit colors in virtual pc with fedora and other linux distributions. If you want better screen and mouse support under the Microsoft Virtual Machine, you need to download the Microsoft virtual machine additions for linux from the Microsoft website.

Comment

Working...
                    X