Valve Launches SteamOS Sale, Confirms A Lot Of New Linux Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    While new games on linux are welcome, this is marketing BS. Phoronix says "a lot of new linux games". Valve says may of the most popular games. Then I look at the page and it's only approx. 50 of them, most of which are noname/indie/not so popular/not new. This is a good start, but nothing fancy. The big publishers are still nowhere to be found.
    Well of course it's marketing BS. Everything is marketing BS.
    Who cares though, they'll come around once the money is in it, and even if they don't I'll take Robocraft over the next Black Ops any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      While new games on linux are welcome, this is marketing BS. Phoronix says "a lot of new linux games". Valve says may of the most popular games. Then I look at the page and it's only approx. 50 of them, most of which are noname/indie/not so popular/not new. This is a good start, but nothing fancy. The big publishers are still nowhere to be found.
      I say Hail Lord Gaben!

first it was just indies, now mid/big releases!

which publisher is the one you want? EA? they just closed the Sim city studio that created a that extreme-DRM mess. Do we want them on linux at this moment?

Blizzard and Square are now releasing games using Unity3d and I think they will adopt other multiplatform engines in the near future instead of just investing heavily on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
        which publisher is the one you want? EA? they just closed the Sim city studio that created a that extreme-DRM mess. Do we want them on linux at this moment?
        Wait, since when was it the game developer's fault that EA wanted the game released:
        A) Early
        B) Online-only through EA origin
        C) All of the above

?

Comment

Did anyone notice that Bioshock infinite was not on that list in Steam, even tough it was promised to used in the first quarter of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Those 32bit binaries only, are laughable at this age really .

About DX>OGL ports... those most of the time run like shit, it is same situation with ports for Mac . It seems likely that most of the time it is next to *impossibile* for many porters to achieve similar performance out of graphically demanding DX only game .
            Hm...I didn't seem to have problems with Ballistics (which was one of the showcase DX9 titles for nVidia.). Could be because they just slapdash anything together. Intrinsically, there's little difference between the two except shader languages- and you can even get around those.

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
              Did anyone notice that Bioshock infinite was not on that list in Steam, even tough it was promised to used in the first quarter of this year.
              Yes, I did. That's probably more due to them not getting it done yet.

Comment

Well I'm pretty ordering batman

I am actually thinking about buying a steam box. Sure I could build a custom PC for cheaper

But
                1) the form factor
                2) it pushes demand

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                  Hm...I didn't seem to have problems with Ballistics (which was one of the showcase DX9 titles for nVidia.). Could be because they just slapdash anything together. Intrinsically, there's little difference between the two except shader languages- and you can even get around those.
                  You are talking about chip from year 2001. called GeForce 3 and showcase game using vendor extensions... that is nowhere fear even DX9 level people knows now and it is not actually even DX8.1, and not DX8 but just DX8a game which is mostly just DX7 + 1.3 pixel shaders
                  Last edited by dungeon; 07 March 2015, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X