Valve Is Rolling Out Their Own VR Dev Kit Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
    So what? Samsung even makes iPhone parts...
    Good point, it could still be them.

Originally posted by eidolon View Post
    Since speculation is the order of the day, perhaps it's Razer. http://www.razerzone.com/osvr | http://www.osvr.com/

Though I'm not sure Razer would subjectively qualify as a "prominent hardware manufacturer".
    Could be, but even if not I hope they at least work together to make their HMDs compatible.

Originally posted by johnc View Post
    If they're not going to release any new games, Steam Machines is doomed.
    Among the presentations of Valve there is one called "Advanced VR rendering" and one about glNext. I think this suggest that they will have at least one game showing these technologies.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
      If they're not going to release any new games, Steam Machines is doomed.
      HL3 confirmed!

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
        HL3 confirmed!
        Are u trolling again? By who it's confirmed? Show link.

Eager to fly X-Plane or drive in upcoming Project cars with a VR device.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxjen View Post
          Among the presentations of Valve there is one called "Advanced VR rendering" and one about glNext. I think this suggest that they will have at least one game showing these technologies.
          As in a Valve-developed game? I've heard talk that SteamVR may be more of a response to the Oculus Store (see Valve's reaction to the Windows Store for previous example), now that Facebook is in the picture.

I hate that the video game store wars have begun to mirror console wars, in that they are beginning to devolve into heavy-handed exclusivism.

Comment

As in a Valve-developed game? I've heard talk that SteamVR may be more of a response to the Oculus Store (see Valve's reaction to the Windows Store for previous example), now that Facebook is in the picture.
            Yes, I think they will show a Valve-developed game. What better way would there be to show new technology? And I agree with you that them making an HMD is a response to Oculus store.

I hate that the video game store wars have begun to mirror console wars, in that they are beginning to devolve into heavy-handed exclusivism.
            I'm okay with multiple stores as long as they support Linux. What's more worrying is if the games will be HMD-exclusive. I can only buy one HMD!

Apparently HTC is now also making a VR-headset. And some people think they are Valves hardware partner. What's especially interesting is that this HMD is supposed to be released next month!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxjen View Post
              I'm okay with multiple stores as long as they support Linux.
              I have no problem with multiple stores, but I would rather they compete on price and features rather than games being chained to certain content delivery systems.

Comment

Yes, I think it would be best if the games are available from multiple places. I like how the Humble store does it sometimes, where you can download the game DRM-free but also get a steam key. But they only do this with indie games most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                X