LibreOffice 4.4 Is Coming Soon With New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brosis View Post
    Reason being its (GTK3) eternal suckage?

I already imagine four buttons instead of whole toolbar, with all menu items hidden inside a nested 40-level deep menu....
    And hyperugly window min,max,close buttons for those sane people, who don't use gnome3.
    You speak as if you've used a GNOME 3 program before. LibreOffice would be beautiful if it could use the elements of GNOME 3. Here's a concept of what it could look like, although Open, View, Tools and Save could be replaced by simple images that represent each.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
      You speak as if you've used a GNOME 3 program before. LibreOffice would be beautiful if it could use the elements of GNOME 3. Here's a concept of what it could look like, although Open, View, Tools and Save could be replaced by simple images that represent each.

(A GIANT IMAGE)
      Remember that Writer still needs some excess horisontal space, because many use the two-page view. Also Calc needs quite a bit of space.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
        Remember that Writer still needs some excess horisontal space, because many use the two-page view. Also Calc needs quite a bit of space.
        The sidebar elements are toggleable in GNOME 3 programs. See Gedit, for example. Also, one is not going to realistically edit two pages at the same time, and Calc doesn't need that much space. The sidebars aren't that big at all. I keep them enabled in LibreOffice, even in Calc.

Comment

The sidebar elements are toggleable in GNOME 3 programs. See Gedit, for example. Also, one is not going to realistically edit two pages at the same time, and Calc doesn't need that much space. The sidebars aren't that big at all. I keep them enabled in LibreOffice, even in Calc.
          Wrong, in your image, save function should be implemented inside File -> Save -> Save ... / Save as... (yes 3 or more levels deep, since its quite popular function), and button purposely mis-labeled as "Save" should just overwrite previously opened documents under different name with this content.

So, tell me, how do you like a fubar'ed gthumb lately? Is this the same "Ah, beautiful, finally I can't find that crop function easily!" way?

Gedit is also a nice example! Pretty much the only text editor, that cant directly change default font size. Splendid work!

You slogan must be: "From simplicity came retardation!"

Comment

I agree, Gnome is real easy to learn how to hate.

Comment

Gnome 3? Let's just move the whole thing to windows metro instead... Same tablet/console UI and has better developer tools...

Comment

Wrong, in your image, save function should be implemented inside File -> Save -> Save ... / Save as... (yes 3 or more levels deep, since its quite popular function), and button purposely mis-labeled as "Save" should just overwrite previously opened documents under different name with this content.

So, tell me, how do you like a fubar'ed gthumb lately? Is this the same "Ah, beautiful, finally I can't find that crop function easily!" way?

Gedit is also a nice example! Pretty much the only text editor, that cant directly change default font size. Splendid work!

You slogan must be: "From simplicity came retardation!"
                Your argument completely missed the point entirely. Quite frankly, it's contradictory, illogical, completely irrelevant and wrong. Rather than respond with an intelligent, well-educated counter-argument, you have reduced yourself to this level of sheer stupidity. I post that image as a response to your comment that a GNOME 3 UI would consist of nothing more than 4 buttons and 40 elements hidden inside each, and your response is that you think the save file should be three or more levels deep -- or perhaps simply nitpicking that you don't like the placement of a button on a 5 minute concept? The heck kind of hyprocritical and bipolar argument are you trying to make? I also find it quite humorous that you mention that you cannot change the gedit font size directly but... oh... what's this?

Do you purposely damage your own credibility for the fun of it?

Comment

Your argument completely missed the point entirely. Quite frankly, it's contradictory, illogical, completely irrelevant and wrong. Rather than respond with an intelligent, well-educated counter-argument, you have reduced yourself to this level of sheer stupidity. I post that image as a response to your comment that a GNOME 3 UI would consist of nothing more than 4 buttons and 40 elements hidden inside each, and your response is that you think the save file should be three or more levels deep -- or perhaps simply nitpicking that you don't like the placement of a button on a 5 minute concept? The heck kind of hyprocritical and bipolar argument are you trying to make? I also find it quite humorous that you mention that you cannot change the gedit font size directly but... oh... what's this?

Do you purposely damage your own credibility for the fun of it?
                  Yeah! One CAN'T change that directly, nice picture. The FOUR buttons (btw, the average limit of visual perception is seven, taught in 5 class?) are nicely seen. Lets just hide all the stuff behind that! That Font Size configuration is hidden inside one button (should first guess which one, as the chance no-name button with functions to pop on left or right side is about equal - usually without any logic behind, see Simple Scan since it became Gnome3 Abomination), some submenu, then inside a preferences tab somewhere above. For fscks sake, this is A TEXT EDITOR! Current font size should aways be topmost 2 clicks away! What do people often do in text editors? Save/Load a document, pick font, its SIZE and make it bold or italic. I mean, Word 95 got it right! ALL other editors, even GTK-based got it right. But nooo, gedit - as a flagman of wrack, similar to "Tomboy"-wtf-app - must set itself apart with its "Style".

In Gnome2 the ONLY thing one hated was the gconf2-registry-wannabe-MESS. Where KDE3 and later had perfectly organized hierarchial menu for nearly any function mostly with a search function, Gnome2 started adopting under shove-it-under-the-carpet strategy. Why was Gnome Tweak Tool born? I don't know if its still alive. I know definitely that no one writes themes for G3, because they DONT care what users want - they want users to do what THEY want.

So yeah, I am still in a need of kerosene.

Comment

Yeah! One CAN'T change that directly, nice picture. The FOUR buttons (btw, the average limit of visual perception is seven, taught in 5 class?) are nicely seen. Lets just hide all the stuff behind that! That Font Size configuration is hidden inside one button (should first guess which one, as the chance no-name button with functions to pop on left or right side is about equal - usually without any logic behind, see Simple Scan since it became Gnome3 Abomination), some submenu, then inside a preferences tab somewhere above. For fscks sake, this is A TEXT EDITOR! Current font size should aways be topmost 2 clicks away! What do people often do in text editors? Save/Load a document, pick font, its SIZE and make it bold or italic. I mean, Word 95 got it right! ALL other editors, even GTK-based got it right. But nooo, gedit - as a flagman of wrack, similar to "Tomboy"-wtf-app - must set itself apart with its "Style".

In Gnome2 the ONLY thing one hated was the gconf2-registry-wannabe-MESS. Where KDE3 and later had perfectly organized hierarchial menu for nearly any function mostly with a search function, Gnome2 started adopting under shove-it-under-the-carpet strategy. Why was Gnome Tweak Tool born? I don't know if its still alive. I know definitely that no one writes themes for G3, because they DONT care what users want - they want users to do what THEY want.

So yeah, I am still in a need of kerosene.

Your argument is still as illogical, incoherent and irrelevant as ever. It's like I'm reading a random group of words that a monkey happened to type while rolling his face over the keyboard. What kind of person loads a text file, picks a font and size? Word 95 is a text editor? What the crap Universe did I just land in? Do you even know what a text editor is? Hint: it's not a document editor -- it's a text editor. You don't change fonts in a text file...

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                      Gnome 3? Let's just move the whole thing to windows metro instead... Same tablet/console UI and has better developer tools...
                      How about leaving own paws from a software that is NOT part of any collection - neither Gnome, nor windows. How about adding alternative interface as an option? How about using own brain to determine where to go and if there is a need to go anyway, instead of a habbit of keyboard scratching for the sake of change or pointlessly mimicking something? No, lets just upset huge part of a userbase without asking their opinion, and introducing fresh bucket of bugs because this is how its done. I guess this way to think demands IQ of an Einstein...

Comment

Working...
                      X