Empire Total War Launches For Linux Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
    I can vouch that the game runs perfectly smooth on Ultra at 4K resolution with the open source Gallium3D and Catalyst drivers on my Radeon HD 7950. Loading times and framerate is actually much higher than the Windows version, and it seems that this Linux port is more stable than the Windows version.

The developer also seems to be somewhat open source friendly by this statement to a question I asked on the forum:
    What's your mesa, kernel and distro? I ask because on archlinux with mesa 10.3.5 and kernel 3.18.0 I'm getting random lockups on a 7870.

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
      What's your mesa, kernel and distro? I ask because on archlinux with mesa 10.3.5 and kernel 3.18.0 I'm getting random lockups on a 7870.
      Arch Linux with mesa-git and kernel 3.17.4. I haven't experienced any lockups with my 7950.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
        Arch Linux with mesa-git and kernel 3.17.4. I haven't experienced any lockups with my 7950.
        Thanks! I really appreciate it, I guess I'll go back to 3.17.x and try out mesa-git.

Comment

Would rather have Rome or Medieval II .

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
            Would rather have Rome or Medieval II .
            It's crazy just how many people want to see Rome original ported over. They'd be doing themselves an injustice by NOT porting ANY of their Total War games over, I believe.
            Hi

Comment

How in the hell did I miss this article? I found out about this game a few days ago and bought it.

I've played the hell out of Total War Shogun 1 & 2, and loved them.

I bought this, and tried a quick battle. I had to lower the settings somewhat, but the game runs surprisingly well on a i7-4910MQ and its associated GPU. An amazing feat both in terms of the open source Intel drivers and the quality of this Linux port.

Comment

Working...
              X