Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 14.12 Linux Driver Released -- Huge Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Borderlands 2 still runs like crap - even at low res and turning off all graphic features - on my
    configuration: Phenom II 940, HD 7950. Works like a charm on Win7 on the same system.
    I also have 7950, and for me Borderlands 2 doesn't work with FOSS drivers (default ones from Ubuntu 14.04), but works as it should with newest Catalyst, and with older ones too. All settings on max, even some turned on in configuration file (don't remember which ones, found on some site...).

Comment

• Originally posted by zzarko View Post
      I also have 7950, and for me Borderlands 2 doesn't work with FOSS drivers (default ones from Ubuntu 14.04), but works as it should with newest Catalyst, and with older ones too. All settings on max, even some turned on in configuration file (don't remember which ones, found on some site...).
      It's really, really sluggish here and I'm not hard to please when it comes to performance.

Maybe the Linux port is CPU bound? Not multi threaded, etc.?
      The Phenom II X4 CPU is quite old, yes.
      But as I said, performance is great under Win7.
      Last edited by entropy; 15 December 2014, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by swoorup View Post
        Violo maintains the Arch AUR package for catalyst. He has updated the catalyst package to the latest version. Just follow the Catalyst page in the ArchWiki.
        I know my friend. I have tried all this steps believe me! Every time it ends up with some error (segmetation fault, no screens found, screens found but none usable and others). I ve found some solutions for these problems but nothing worked. I have created a minimal xorg.conf bht still nothing

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
          Borderlands 2 still runs like crap - even at low res and turning off all graphic features - on my
          configuration: Phenom II 940, HD 7950. Works like a charm on Win7 on the same system.

Not sure if it is really AMD's fault. Aspyr didn't give any details about the issues
          they have with AMD configurations, unfortunately.
          It must be something with drivers. I have 6970 and Borderlands 2 is running about 30-40fps with few fps drops when there is too many explosions. And I'm plating with max settings.

Comment

• Originally posted by komic View Post
            I know my friend. I have tried all this steps believe me! Every time it ends up with some error (segmetation fault, no screens found, screens found but none usable and others). I ve found some solutions for these problems but nothing worked. I have created a minimal xorg.conf bht still nothing
            Are you using GDM? If yes try lightDM

Comment

• Originally posted by leonmaxx View Post
              Disable "Sync to V-blank" in CCSM (Compiz config settings manager). Just did it, and it helped me, restores from suspend ok.
              Hopefully this works; that bug was annoying enough for me to not even consider using Catalyst.

Originally posted by marceel View Post
              So Path of Exile will work without lag now?
              If nobody else manages to answer it; i'll find out at some point in the near future. On open-source drivers with gallium-nine, I get 20-30 FPS in town, and 30-60 on The Coast, and new assets cause pausing still.

Comment

Working...
              X