No announcement yet.

Sacred Gold Native Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For online games you don't have to count the sales. I am sure Linux clients show a unique identifier to the master server to identify em as Linux guest. Of course not when you are using wine until you add a speciale wine detection.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      For online games you don't have to count the sales. I am sure Linux clients show a unique identifier to the master server to identify em as Linux guest. Of course not when you are using wine until you add a speciale wine detection.
      Nice, Kano.

Normally, I'd agree with you on that one- not as of recent times, though.

NWN showed this. UT2k4 did too. Do you see versions for NWN2 or UT3 for Linux? No.

They don't care what people are playing it on. They're caring about sold units. And while there's CD-Key stuff, etc. it's still getting cracked- they're presuming we're using cracked crap because we didn't pay for any of our other software. (Seriously...).

And with the byplay and discussion (And my recent observations...) over the copy protection LGP is instituting, it's very apparent that we DO seem to have a big bit of that going on right now, unfortunately.

Online server numbers won't get our foot in the door any more than unofficial or official estimates of installed base will.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        They don't care what people are playing it on. They're caring about sold units. And while there's CD-Key stuff, etc. it's still getting cracked- they're presuming we're using cracked crap because we didn't pay for any of our other software. (Seriously...).
        That had always made me laugh considering pirate would just pirate windows not learn how to use linux and wine! (seriously what other linux base software is there to pirate that doesn't have a good FOSS counterpart?)

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
          That had always made me laugh considering pirate would just pirate windows not learn how to use linux and wine! (seriously what other linux base software is there to pirate that doesn't have a good FOSS counterpart?)
          I know this. You know this.

THEY, on the other hand, haven't the foggiest and they're mostly not the logical thinking kind in many cases- else we'd have more cool titles to buy and play.

Comment

Working...
          X