Catalyst 8.6 + Cedega = graphics corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I got yesterday my 4870, then I installed thew 8.8 driver.

First I tried to run sauberbraten, works fine and good.

After that I tried to start WoW but had some problems.
    With the normal libGL.so.1.2 my screen got strange effects. So that I have to restart the xserver.

Then I read that wine worked well with 8.4, so I replaced the libGL.so.1.2 with that one.

Now WoW starts and I can login, but there are no graphics, only a black screen.

After I selected my char the game load but the in-game graphic is not usable.

Here a few screens:

Login:

Loading:

in-game:

Anyone an idea how to solve it?

Comment

See the solution at the end of the post (the one with the M2UseShaders thing)

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the link. It had set this already, will not work.
        So the waiting will start until a better driver.

Comment

Originally posted by blabub View Post
          Hi,

Thanks for the link. It had set this already, will not work.
          So the waiting will start until a better driver.
          Maybe this is because of the replaced libGL file, I had some wierd effects too so I returned it to default again.

Comment

See post

Comment

Originally posted by blabub View Post
              Hi,

Then I read that wine worked well with 8.4, so I replaced the libGL.so.1.2 with that one.

Now WoW starts and I can login, but there are no graphics, only a black screen.

I did the same thing in Ubuntu 8.04. I simple ran the installer for the ATI fglrx driver and with the installer running but idle and retrieved the file from the temporary directory that the installer created. I dont play WOW but it sure made a difference with some of the native 3d apps that I am using. As well as 2d and 3d apps with Wine.
              If Bridgeman or someone else from AMD/ATI is following this thread, it sure looks like a bug was introduced after the 8.4 release that is causing some of these screen corruptions and wine issues.

BTW. I use a HIS Radeon HD 3850.

Comment

Maybe when you run it in a separate X server, the problem doesn't happen there, try running it in the same X server.
                Also, why use D3D? I thought Wine worked best for WoW with OpenGL. But I use Cedega anyways, so I use D3D as default (since OpenGL can't run Specular Lighting and some other effects)
                but with both Wine and Cedega, in both D3D and OpenGL, it's nowhere near Windows XP performance :/ I will try 8.8, since I stuck with 8.5 for so long now :P
                With 8.8, I'm getting flickering/tearing even with the nopat kernel option. I use d3d because opengl has some issues when inside raids and instances ( map doesn't show up), and also some item icons seem to be wrong ( the wrong icon altogether).

I also get the benefits of specular lighting.

It's true that I use a separate X to play the game, but I still need the Virtual line in xorg.conf.
                I'm OK with running the game in a separate X, since it has been a lot more stable ever since, and there has been no hits no performance.
                I use an X1250 by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by LordRaiden View Post
                  With 8.8, I'm getting flickering/tearing even with the nopat kernel option. I use d3d because opengl has some issues when inside raids and instances ( map doesn't show up), and also some item icons seem to be wrong ( the wrong icon altogether).

I also get the benefits of specular lighting.

It's true that I use a separate X to play the game, but I still need the Virtual line in xorg.conf.
                  I'm OK with running the game in a separate X, since it has been a lot more stable ever since, and there has been no hits no performance.
                  I use an X1250 by the way.
                  I have an X1250 on my mobo, but I don't use it (I use the X1650 Pro)
                  BTW, how high have you set the settings ingame, and what FPS do you get?

Comment

I have tried to replace libGL from ATI with libGL from Mesa. Although it solved the problem with wine, it is now impossible for me to change the settings in amdcccle.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Guilo View Post
                      I have tried to replace libGL from ATI with libGL from Mesa. Although it solved the problem with wine, it is now impossible for me to change the settings in amdcccle.

Any idea ?

Thanks
                      probably because the Mesa libGL is incompatible with amdcccle.

Comment

Working...
                      X