The Developers Leading Wayland This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enlightenment 19

For those who don't met with E19 yet, this soon expected release of Enlightenment would be a good workplace/testbed for recent achievements done by Wayland/Weston team(s). Maui/Hawaii is still very premature project and Gnome in current image is not IMHO a good platform for efficient working/testing. Wait for E19 some days and will see...

Comment

Originally posted by pjezek View Post
      ... Gnome in current image is not IMHO a good platform for efficient working/testing.
      Oh boy... I really don't want to use E19. And I am happy with GNOME >_> I don't blame others DE's, so don't do it with my favorite pls.

Comment

Keep in calm, my dear gnomer, I only wish all linux users can know what is far away from their personal horizons because these horizons are too near and to high to see what is behind not hardly accessible in fact... No forcing, just informing

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
          Nvidia's drivers already support EGL. The proof is in Fedora 20; it is the only proprietary driver package to work on Gnome 3 because F20's Gnome 3 is now using EGL. Catalyst will break Gnome 3 and render it unusable.

Based on this, it is highly likely that proper Wayland support should come in time. At the very least, definitely well before Catalyst starts supporting EGL.
          hmm really? I hoped that this fuckin blobs would never be able really NEVER to support wayland, I hope this is at least a hack with some big disadvantages.

How can Nvidia replace half of the os and then support with that half own OS a new display server that depends heavily on free software parts... somebody did a bad job if nvidia can pull that off so easily.

Comment

Working...
          X