Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Beta Update Adds Streaming From Linux Hosts

Phoronix: Steam Beta Update Adds Streaming From Linux Hosts

A new Steam beta update was released yesterday that adds support for streaming from Linux hosts...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yeahah!

Linux Streaming.... Ohhhh Yeeessss!!!!!

Can t wait to play Metro LL on my TV, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Going to play left4dead in HD on my extremely slow laptop tonight.

Comment

Latency?

I haven't tried Steam streaming yet. Is there a way to measure the latency?

Comment

Impressive.

Just gave Metro Last Light and Portal 2 a (very brief) try. Streamed from my desktop (i7, GTX660) to my Lenovo Edge 130 (i3, Ivy Bridge) the games run at 60fps and so far everything has been very responsive (it seems as if the games are rendered at the desktop resolution of 1920 x 1200 and then scaled down to the laptops measly 1366 x 768). It currently lacks any sound, though. But still - I'm pretty impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

How do you install Steam on your TV? I've a LG 4K 3D TV too, so I'm eager for such as well. I also want to try later Doom3 BFG as
            it supports 3D?

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
              How do you install Steam on your TV? I've a LG 4K 3D TV too, so I'm eager for such as well. I also want to try later Doom3 BFG as
              it supports 3D?
              You can't install Steam on your TV. It has to be somewhere where you can install the Steam client, which means any x86 notebook, PC... So to play on your TV, one possibility is hooking your notebook to it and launching Steam.

I don't think you'll be able to use 4K or 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
                it supports 3D?
                You don't, yo hook up an HTPC like this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9pDF4D o your 1Gbps home network.

Comment

Wow finaly AMD VCE. i Try it next

Comment

Will it be possible to stream not steam games too?

Comment

Working...
                    X