Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discordian View Post
    Support, with what...
    The last game they created was HL2 and its episodes, the rest was just a cash grab. I really dont understand the support they get. EA is often flamed but atleast they put out and fund games, sometimes even rather problematic ones that arent guaranteed sellers.
    Developers often sell their games in their own store, http://www.uberent.com/pa/ - why would anyone pay a tax on top of it, if the game is available on http://www.gog.com/ why would anyone not buy it there and freaking own it (besides they atleast make sure the old games work)?

The only reason to start up Steam is if you have some games eclusive to it, and I simply dont understand why its accepted that eg. Portal 2 isnt available anywhere else. But yeah its Valve... for some reason this is fine.
    Most of the PC gamers in the world disagrees with you.
    I could go on with numerous reasons to like steam/valve, but it would be wasted on you.

Comment

Van Helsing 1 & 2 and Terraria are also announced for linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
        The last indie bundle was a year ago. I think we can say they clearly don't want to do more now.
        Actually, the last one was in February. Still, that is a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
          This is the type of comment holding back developers from supporting Linux IMO. Valve is one of the most loved companies in gaming for how great they support their fans and customers. If they can't win over the Linux community, why should any other developer bother?
          Well said, but no worries. Should Linux gaming ever become a success due to e.g. the Steam box, then the 1% (= original Linux userbase) whining about DRM, won't stop developers from porting their games.

Comment

I hear Crusader Kings is really good though, and I don't think it with its DLC has been under $10 before. Might be worth it just for that.

Terraria was really good too, and it is a seamless port to Mono and I have no idea why the developer has taken so long.

Comment

If its on Steam it might aswell not exist, why would I feed those leeches at Valve who are just concerned about grabbing money?
              Because those guys , who you call leeches, made it happen, that I now have vid drivers which can compete with windows 8.

I played Metro last lite on Linux and portal 2 and serious sam 3.

Maybe you should read more.

The developers of serious sam said that steam coming to linux, was for them all they needed to deliver a native Linux version.

I am not a fan of drm, but valve drm is not bad.

I can play my games on any pc I want, I only need to install steam.

Thank you Valve for making a dream come true.
              I hardly ever boot W7 any more, only for some games.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
                This is the type of comment holding back developers from supporting Linux IMO. Valve is one of the most loved companies in gaming for how great they support their fans and customers. If they can't win over the Linux community, why should any other developer bother?
                Even richard stallman said, it might be good for Linux, that steam was coming to Linux.

Comment

If you don't like DRM (which is perfectly understandable), right now the best solution I found is to buy the DRM-free games in the Humble store and redeem them in Steam, so you can still take profit of DRM-free games while enjoying Steam features.

A perfect thing would be that GoG also allows to redeem on Steam and the opposite would be great too.
                  There is two wishes made by the GoG community:
                  GoG to Steam: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/inc...or_indie_games
                  Steam to GoG: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/act...m_games_on_gog

Since the games are DRM-free in GoG, nothing should prevent from having these features at some point.

Comment

Just one DRM-free game, and not on Linux...

Comment

If its on Steam it might aswell not exist, why would I feed those leeches at Valve who are just concerned about grabbing money?
                      Only grabbing your money? Don't you forget working on Mesa, providing free tools (like vogl), working with hardware developers on driver improvements and in general bringing the largest game distribution platform, and with it many game developers, to Linux?

Short sighted as always.

Comment

Working...
                      X