Goat Simulator Now In Beta On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
    Yeah, I know I can do that. I just wanted a complete easy-to-setup solution rather than spend time setting it up myself. I also want the Steam Controller.
    I too want something non-existant =D

All this wishful thinking this year about possible Linux yummies that quite often never eventuate is turning me in to a narcissistic turd =P
    Hi

Comment

Wow, there went two hours of my life. Now I will dream of rocketpowered demon goats. Too bad the game is so small. It would have been better at 5€ at 10€ it is still mostly justified through novelty.

Comment

Yeah, I know I can do that. I just wanted a complete easy-to-setup solution rather than spend time setting it up myself. I also want the Steam Controller.
        From what I gather the PS4 controller support is already pretty good, I'm going to pick up one of those, not just for gaming, but for inevitable mods as it has that touch screen, when the Steam controller was first announced it also had a touch screen, but it has since been dropped from the design for more hardware buttons.

But yeah, just buy a prebuilt gaming machine from Zareason and tell them you want SteamOS installed instead of Ubuntu or Fedora, theres your Steambox without a controller...

Comment

this is one of the best game i've ever played. i like it when he's climbing. hahah.

Comment

Anyone got it to work under Steam/Linux.
            Steam lets me install it under Linux, but the installation takes 20 seconds (far too fast) and play doesn't work....

- Gilboa
            oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
            oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
            oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
            Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
              Anyone got it to work under Steam/Linux.
              Steam lets me install it under Linux, but the installation takes 20 seconds (far too fast) and play doesn't work....

- Gilboa
              Yes works without problems. Did you opt into the beta? Otherwise it will not work:

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                Yes works without problems. Did you opt into the beta? Otherwise it will not work:

I somehow missed the "private beta" part.
                Gaah. No brain no worries.

- Gilboa
                oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
                  I somehow missed the "private beta" part.
                  Gaah. No brain no worries.

- Gilboa
                  It's not private, you just have to opt in.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                    I too want something non-existant =D

All this wishful thinking this year about possible Linux yummies that quite often never eventuate is turning me in to a narcissistic turd =P
                    Why non-existant? Do you think those Steam Machine manufacturers will tell their customers to visit the forums to get their brand new steam machines to function as advertised?

Comment

Why non-existant? Do you think those Steam Machine manufacturers will tell their customers to visit the forums to get their brand new steam machines to function as advertised?
                      The controller.
                      Hi

Comment

Working...
                      X