Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dee. View Post
    *bring bring*
    - Hello, this is Obama speaking. We're being attacked by Koreas, can you NATO guys come over and help?
    - Yeah, about that... we kind of decided you guys were douchebags after that whole NSA thing. Bye bye now, take care!
    *click*
    This is actually pretty likely. Letting the world police fall, with a huge amount of debt they will never pay, might be a better decision for many of the NATO allies.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
      Not gonna lie, that could turn into one of the most epic things I've heard of today.
      Agreed, I can think of several small Canadian girls that would be most welcome to invade my country with squirt guns, I would even help!

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
        *bring bring*
        - Hello, this is Obama speaking. We're being attacked by Koreas, can you NATO guys come over and help?
        - Yeah, about that... we kind of decided you guys were douchebags after that whole NSA thing. Bye bye now, take care!
        *click*
        Rofl.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
          Shouldn't Valve be somewhere on that list?
          Well Valve hasn't really released any games for Linux users to buy. Because of the draconian DRM they enforce on gamers, they are merely only renting the games out (for a high price)

But whats that you say? Offline mode? Can that persist across reformats? No.

Edit: Saying that, many Steam Linux games have been ripped from Steam and cracked, so I *guess* that counts as a proper full release?

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
            Well Valve hasn't really released any games for Linux users to buy. Because of the draconian DRM they enforce on gamers, they are merely only renting the games out (for a high price)

But whats that you say? Offline mode? Can that persist across reformats? No.

Edit: Saying that, many Steam Linux games have been ripped from Steam and cracked, so I *guess* that counts as a proper full release?
            Yes, DRM is annoying, but I honestly prefer having Origin automatically start up when I play Mass Effect 3, over having to go fetch the Mass Effect 2 disc from the case so it could do it's disc check. On the flip side, I really hope they release some kind of patch if they ever take down the official DRM servers (going out of business, cutting costs, etc) because it would be really annoying to all of a sudden not be able to play a game at all. Oh and if they go out of business, a stand alone installer would be really nice for digital downloads.
            They're going to have you use DRM somehow, if you can think of a better way to implement it, inform the developers/publishers (probably the former first so you can get help convincing the latter).

Comment

I'll probably be buying it, though it would be nice to see a Linux exclusive (I know the probability is extremely low, just saying). Just need to reinstall openSUSE on my desktop, it's been primarily used for Windows games, my laptop is for everything else (it can handle L4D2 fine).

Comment

Buy? CryTek have said that they are exclusively a F2P studio now.

Comment

Oh... ok, that's cool. I assumed this was a single player game, potentially with a multiplayer side to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
                    Buy? CryTek have said that they are exclusively a F2P studio now.
                    Do you have a link to where Crytek said that? I've heard a few people say this but I've not seen anything that's actually come from them.

Comment

This was fairly easy to find: http://www.shacknews.com/article/742...to-play-future

Comment

Working...
                      X