The Quality Of The Witcher 2 Linux Port Is Upsetting Many Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LETS FIX IT instead of complaining!

I opened a "LETS FIX IT instead of complaining!" thread here to support the devs!:

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      I haven't checked myself if this is true or not but there is no doubt in my mind you're right. With catalyst 14.4, I doubt the game is that bad. I personally haven't been able to play the game at all, because Steam for whatever reason thinks I don't have GLX extensions or direct rendering, when glxinfo says I do (and because of this, I'm unable to play any of my steam games). I have low expectations for this game to play well on my hardware, but I'm honestly ok with waiting until it gets patched up a little.

I bought the game to help the cause, but I'm likely only going to play it on Windows.
      just follow this hint:
      "have you tried deleting libgcc_s.so.1 that's inside the steam-runtime folder ? "

i had the same problem. it is a steam-runtime bug. it provides a outdated library. the steam-beta also already seems to have a fix for that. but above should work if you want to stay on steam-stable

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        The moral of the story kids remains the same. If you want the best graphics option for linux, that will give you the least amount of trouble, nVidia card with nVidia blob. I just hope with Steam taking off that eventually the other graphics vendors start taking their driver development for linux more serious.
        AMD fglrx has already a fix on the way that should come with the next driver release

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
          I opened a "LETS FIX IT instead of complaining!" thread here to support the devs!:
          http://steamcommunity.com/app/20920/...8180993106963/
          link to the post here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/20920/...8180993106963/

be careful when copy-pasting

Comment

Why is steam shipping this piece of shit when it's known to perform like crap?

Comment

When are you people going to learn?
              The only game that matters, is PONG.
              Everything else is for loosers.

Comment

(as this post claims) eon warapper runs only one core... so works better on old pentium 4 (3.8Ghz) ahahhahahah

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
                  just follow this hint:
                  "have you tried deleting libgcc_s.so.1 that's inside the steam-runtime folder ? "

i had the same problem. it is a steam-runtime bug. it provides a outdated library. the steam-beta also already seems to have a fix for that. but above should work if you want to stay on steam-stable
                  Yes, I also removed libstdc++ which was also known to cause issues. Neither worked. I enabled steam-beta last night but it didn't download anything. I'll see if it works later.

To me, it's really stupid of steam to include its own libraries if they don't work, and I think it's even more dumb that it comes with SOME libraries, but most are just links. What's the point of only going half way? No wonder things get broken.

Comment

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
                    This crappy port working like shit on _ANY_ GPU. Performance on Nvidia is worse than with Wine and it's 3-4 times slower than on Windows.
                    Works fine here on the Titan, same performance as in windows. YMMV.

Comment

Runs Perfectly fine here after i disabled Vsync.
                      adding __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 makes it run like junk unlike other games..

video output when recording with compton(for tearing fix) enabled comes out jerky..
                      without compton its pretty fine, except it tears a lot.

according to Mumble overlay, fps is between 40-60 for me.
                      1920x1080, all highest, ubersampling disabled, vsync disabled, bloom off (i dont like bloom)

FX8320 @ 4,2Ghz, GTX 660TI, 16GB DDR3 @ 1866mhz, Arch Linux 64bit, Nvidia 337.19.

Comment

Working...
                      X