Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Now Easier Trying Out The Latest Git Version Of Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Now Easier Trying Out The Latest Git Version Of Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver

Phoronix: It's Now Easier Trying Out The Latest Git Version Of Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver

For Ubuntu Linux users it's now easier trying out the latest development state of the Intel Vulkan graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Coincidentally, just after reading this article and then receiving updates from this ppa my xorg seems to completely lock up on restart. Can't switch tty or anything at all. I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 and using radeonsi on a R9 280X. Anyone else having this issue? I have removed the ppa for now...

Comment

Originally posted by bwyan View Post
      Coincidentally, just after reading this article and then receiving updates from this ppa my xorg seems to completely lock up on restart. Can't switch tty or anything at all. I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 and using radeonsi on a R9 280X. Anyone else having this issue? I have removed the ppa for now...
      Update: Exact same thing happens using the Oibaf ppa. Must be some regression from upstream?

Comment

Looks like you've probably been bitten by this problem (there was also a bug report on freedesktop.org, but I can't find it right now, sorry):

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...130befc58e9a6a

Try again once a new build is available in the padoka ppa (probably tonight).
        Last edited by jsa1983; 03 June 2016, 01:58 PM.

Comment

for opensuse mesa-git+vulkan-git in pontostroy:X11

Comment

same problem i've solved with ppa-purge, now i'm using again mesa 11.2

Comment

it was a coincidence, bad timing, bad luck, bad developers, bad! no cookie for you guys!, anyway, the fix is in, and the new update currently being baked should resume your desktop as normal. Sorry about that, i usually test the packages since i use the PPA myself, but this one slipped under the radar.

enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by groo_pcd View Post

it was a coincidence, bad timing, bad luck, bad developers, bad! no cookie for you guys!, anyway, the fix is in, and the new update currently being baked should resume your desktop as normal. Sorry about that, i usually test the packages since i use the PPA myself, but this one slipped under the radar.

enjoy!
                Hey. Thanks for replying and trying to resolve this. Unfortunately, my problem still remains with the padoka ppa. Are You by any chance referring to the Oibaf ppa?

Comment

Hey. Thanks for replying and trying to resolve this. Unfortunately, my problem still remains with the padoka ppa. Are You by any chance referring to the Oibaf ppa?
                  Never mind. It's working now - thanks a lot!

Comment

Never mind. It's working now - thanks a lot!
                    so now padoka ppa works again? can i use it without problems?

Comment

Working...
                    X