Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonFlyBSD's makefs Adds Support For FAT

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD's makefs Adds Support For FAT

One could consider it long overdue, but DragonFlyBSD has finally merged support for FAT file-systems with the makefs utility...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Who uses DragonFlyBSD? Only the creator, right?

Comment

My web server runs DragonFlyBSD. It's reliable and practical, I recommend it.

Comment

god thanks, finally i'll be able to format my floppies with fat12 fs

Comment

How did DragonflyBSD support UEFI boot before if it didn't support FAT? Is this code just for FAT12 and FAT16 and FAT32 was already supported? Or did the project just not support UEFI boot? I know most of the *BSDs if not all of them don't support secure boot but I thought we were at a point where UEFI was supported across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by foobaz View Post
            My web server runs DragonFlyBSD. It's reliable and practical, I recommend it.
            Just out of curiosity, why not FreeBSD or OpenBSD?

Comment

DragonFly is lighter-weight than FreeBSD and faster than OpenBSD. I like Matt Dillon's vision of what Unix should be and the strong leadership he provides.

Comment

Working...
              X