Fwupd 1.5 Released With Expanded Hardware Support, New Capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fwupd 1.5 Released With Expanded Hardware Support, New Capabilities

Phoronix: Fwupd 1.5 Released With Expanded Hardware Support, New Capabilities

Version 1.5 of the Fwupd utility is available for updating various component firmware/BIOS natively on Linux and integrating with the Linux Vendor Firmware Service (LVFS) for the easy distribution of said firmware images...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've expanded some of the features here: https://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2020...1-5-0-release/

Comment

Does anyone happen to know which Hyper USB-C hub support was added for?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_tr0n View Post
        ... which Hyper USB-C hub ...
        Just the VIDs and PIDs I'm afraid: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fw...ub-hyper.quirk

Comment

- Async versions of the Fwupd library for use by GUI tools to be more responsive without blocking the UI thread or forcing the user-interface to rely on threads.
          Or the UI developers could learn how to use threads. What are they going to do for filesystems and networks? Multi-threading is an inescapable part of any UI, on Android and iOS you have no choice.

Comment

I always wondered if there is a collaboration of some kind between fwupd and flashrom. I used flashrom a few years ago for flashing motherboard bioses and it worked great, but since then flashing newer motherboards became apparently impossible (I think due to undocumented intel me quirks?). I guess fwupd has a larger scope (way more hardware to support), but so far I haven't seen it list any bios update for my motherboards/laptops (though probably the manufacturers don't support the LVFS).

Comment

Working...
            X