Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Posts A New Slide Deck Outlining The RDNA Architecture

Phoronix: AMD Posts A New Slide Deck Outlining The RDNA Architecture

Last week AMD published their RDNA instruction set architecture documentation. That's a bit heavy reading unless you are a driver developer or low-level engine developer, but for those wanting a bit of a higher-level look at AMD's new RDNA graphics architecture, today they uploaded a new slide deck...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It looks like AMD put some effort into explaining it well. Thanks to whoever compiled the documentation!

Comment

Elsewhere I read that Samsung might be licensing for their future chips. That might be very interesting, especially since that would mean some ultra-mobile/ARM/whatever-CPUs combine with AMD GPU stuff which in turn means (hopefully) a free-as-in-freedom driver.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
        Elsewhere I read that Samsung might be licensing for their future chips. That might be very interesting, especially since that would mean some ultra-mobile/ARM/whatever-CPUs combine with AMD GPU stuff which in turn means (hopefully) a free-as-in-freedom driver.
        If Samsung intends to use actual AMD GPU IP blocks (rather than just some ideas/concepts/patents), then they would probably use it in mobile devices that are definitely not accepted to crash frequently... and that in turn might mean they might invest some efforts into making the amdgpu driver stable. Just dreaming, and many "if"s, I know...

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
          It looks like AMD put some effort into explaining it well. Thanks to whoever compiled the documentation!
          I agree, interesting read, I found it quite easy to understand with limited previous knowledge in graphics card architecture. Good job on the documentation, good job on the GPUs !

Comment

Originally posted by dwagner View Post
            If Samsung intends to use actual AMD GPU IP blocks (rather than just some ideas/concepts/patents), then they would probably use it in mobile devices that are definitely not accepted to crash frequently... and that in turn might mean they might invest some efforts into making the amdgpu driver stable. Just dreaming, and many "if"s, I know...
            It's already perfectly stable for nearly all hardware.

Comment

Working...
            X